Virginia
Options

Lansdown Resort

Has anyone been to and heard any reviews of Lansdowne as a wedding venue?

Thx

Re: Lansdown Resort

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to one last August.  The ceremony was outside and it was almost 100 degrees, but it was a very beautiful backdrop.  There was no shade though!  Happy it was a short ceremony.

Cocktail hour was in the area outside one of their ballrooms- windows looked out on the golf course (? or maybe it was rolling hills, I can't remember but it was beautiful).  Then the reception itself was in a hotel ballroom.  I"m not a huge fan of hotel ballroom weddings to begin with- but this was definitely my favorite.  They did an awesome job with lighting, and out of over 20 weddings I can hands down say they had the best food I've ever had at a wedding.  No lie.  It was a sitdown meal and I remember having lamb.  Amazing.

Very beautiful and obviously very expensive too.  In my opinion it was about as good as you could get for a hotel ballroom wedding (and I've also been to one at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island in FL, and the food and view was better at Lansdowne).
  • Options
    malloryb56malloryb56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lansdowne is pretty, but it's really expensive. I looked at their pricing at it's kind of outrageous. You should look into River Creek Country Club in Leesburg. That's where I'm having mine. It's gorgeous, you don't need to be a member, the pricing was reasonable and they are very flexible. Let us know what your developments are :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards