Virginia
Options

done with rude vendors and need new ideas please

Hi and congrats to all!  I am sure you all know how stressful wedding planning can be and when you are working on a limited budget you are even more stressed.  This past year my daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer and I spent the year praying and paying.  My fiance and I happily paid her bills and took care of her autistic son while she underwent surgeries and treatments.  Fortunately she is on the road to recovery.  Unfortunately our funds are very limited for the wedding.  It is not my first wedding but it is my fiance's.  I realize most vendors prefer to deal with brides with higher budgets but I am really disgusted right now with the rude attitudes I am encountering.    Enough venting.....I would LOVE some wedding ceremony and reception venue ideas that are maybe a bit out of the ordinary.  Thanks so much.

Re: done with rude vendors and need new ideas please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a local park?  Most public, city-run spaces will charge next to nothing to rent.  Northwest River in Chesapeake and First Landing in VB are so beautiful!  You could always host a pot-luck style event as a simple celebration.  So long as you have great friends around you and some good tunes, no one will really remember how "over-the-top" a wedding was.  Just plan to have fun!
    You may also consider an all-in-one venue if you have a small guest list - you can do the ceremony in one room and the reception/cocktails in another.  Lesner Inn in VB might be a good one or a restaurant.  Also, you can save quite a bit by booking in the off-season (not May-Sept). 
    It's wonderful what you did for your daughter!  Best of luck in your planning!
  • Options
    elmorealelmoreal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest actually reaching out to a planner , they can connect you with vendors that are very experienced and know what they are doing and they can help you find everything that you need in your budget and dont show you things that you can not afford . I was concered at first about hiring one because of the cost , but when I met with the one I hired I realized that yes I am paying money in the beginning but she is saving me money and most of stress so that I can enjoy my engagement and the planning process. She is located in Richmond , Virginia , it is called CCS events. Just a idea for thought !! Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards