Virginia

Sandbridge Beach Wedding

My fiance and I are in the early stages of planning a beach wedding.  We are thinking of renting a large ocean front house in Sandbridge to stay at for a week with our immediate families and a few close friends.  We would have the ceremony on the beach and then a reception at the beach house.  It will probably be a small wedding/reception (about 25 people) but may be bigger depending on how many of our extended family want to make the trip to the beach.  We are hoping they come and turn it into a vacation and rent one or more other nearby houses to stay for the week. 

I have been looking at some of the "special event" houses from Sandbridge and Siebert.  Any other ideas of where to look for houses or recomendations?  Also, any recomendations for other local vendors would be great - caters, officiants, florist, etc.

Re: Sandbridge Beach Wedding

• rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Take a peak at Norfolk/Hampton roads craiglist under vacation rentals... you may find something there!  A friend of mine had a sandbridge wedding, such a great location! 

Definitely get the insurance or whatever they require and make sure to let the rental company know about your wedding.  She didn't tell the rental company she was having an 'event' and there was a knock on the door 15 min before the ceremony was to begin!  It was a bit ugly, but avoidable.

Local vendors that I loved for my wedding...  cake-Shockley's Sweet Shop, photographer-Waterside Photography, dj-DJ on the side. 

• edited December 2011
    Hello and congratulations on your engagement! I am planning a wedding as well! Im not as familure with the sandbridge area. Though I would recommend Chelsea LaVere from www.bitofivoryphotography.com she has already taken our engagement photos and will be our photographer for the weddingand is very reasonably priced! If your interested you may go to http://dreamaandavid.weebly.com/engagement-pictures.html to see a sample of a few of them. If you'd like to see more you could email her and tell her Dreama gave you the permission to view them. There are quite a few beach shots!

Good Luck!
    Dreama
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    For a photographer, I would definitely recommend April Renee Photography.  She is out of Williamsburg, however she doesnt charge a travel fee, unless she is traveling a long distance.  Check her out facebook.com/aprilreneephoto  or aprilrenee.com
  • elusherelusher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Sandbridge Realty mainly because their houses look so amazing on their website. I would also recommend Eric Lusher at Lusher Productions for your wedding photographer www.lusherproductions.com/weddings

I should mention that I am Eric Lusher and my company is also the photography group that shoots for Sandbridge Realty. Laughing
    Please check out my work and let me know what you think. You can also call sandbridge realty and they will take very good care of you. Feel free to ask them for a referral on me as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    A Sandbridge beach wedding is an awesome idea. A few things to keep in mind... while you can definitely get a deal on craigslist, just be careful. There are alota scams running rampid on there. Going w/ one of the realty companies is something I always encourage. Parking is an issue in S'bridge. If your guests have to park on the rd, there's a possibility of cars being towed. Check w/ the city's website for any rules, etc for beach weddings (www.vbgov.com). Florist: Black Iris. Tents, tables, chairs: Perfect Party Connections. Cake: Mrs B's (she also has cheesecakes; all her cakes are awesome). Photography: me. www.robbiehickman.com (of course I had to put a plug in for myself :)
    Best wishes to both of ya'll. If I can be of any help, feel free to send me a PM.
  • edited December 2011
    I know you are in your early stages of planning so I thought I should let you know about Bombshell's Studio.  We are a traveling team of experienced Stylists and Make-up artists in the area.  We offer hair, make-up and nail packages and everything is done on location for your convenience.  You can check us out at bombshellsstudio.com.   I just thought I would give you something to think about.  If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to call.

Amber McClanahan (owner)
    252-619-2244
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards