Virginia

where to dress shop in NOVA area

Hello girls! I am scouting dress shops in the NOVA area so I can make an appointment when my mom and MOH & Matron OH come in to town. I've looked up some reviews and came up with the following list:
  • Betsy Robinson (Baltimore, a little far but good reviews)
  • Bobbis Bridal (Fairfax, VA)
  • Lilys's Bridal (Baltimore)
  • Global Bridal Gallery (Alexandria, VA)
  • Rosalins Bridal Botique (Falls Church, VA)
I love the Maggie Sottero line, and believe all of these carry it. I am planning to go on a Friday and then on Saturday if needed (will make appointments with a couple of them).

Any Suggestions on if you visited any of the above would be truly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: where to dress shop in NOVA area

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like Ann's Boutique in Burke, VA.  My sister and I both got our dresses from her.  She will actually tell you when you try a dress on and it's not right for you.  She'll say, "Um, let's try on another one, okay?"   And she'll find you the right dress that WILL flatter you.

DSC_9275
  • edited December 2011
    I really had a great experience at Jeanette's in Manassas.  It was the first and only place I went and found my dress! It is a Paloma Blanca. I would def. recommend making an appointment there! My sister bought her gown there as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I shopped at White Swan Bridal in Vienna. They have all their dresses on mannequins so you can see what it looks like much better than in the bag. I found my dress here. 

I ended up buying at Le Star Bridal in Alexandria only because I found my dress without my mom and I felt bad so I lied and said it was my first time shopping at Le Star. They were very helpful and my BMs bought their dresses here too and received a discount (10% I think) on their orders. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's not in NOVA but there is a bridal salon in Lynchburg, VA maybe..Church Street Bridal--they are a non-profit that receives dresses from salons and sells them for a fraction of the cost and then donates the proceeds to women/families in need. I have yet to visit the store, so I'm not sure what to expect, but I know they have some great deals.
  • kdecknickdecknic member
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bobbi's Bridal (mainly because I loved the Maggie Sottero dress line) and the service was terrible. The woman wouldn't even come into the dressing room to help me  try the dress on (and they were huge ballgown dresses), my MoH had to help me with all the dresses including lacing up the corsette back. They do have a lot of dresses but just beware of that and make sure you have someone that can help you.

I also went to Jeanette's in Manassas they were great there really helpful and had some beautiful dresses.

I actually got my dress from Priscilla of Boston in Tyson's Corner. They don't have a huge selection but the ones they have are beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend I was a bridesmaid for had a great experience with Hannelore's in Old Town Alexandria.

Edit:  I can't type, I'm tired.  LOL
  • brigitparkbrigitpark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Lestar Bridal in alexandria and found my dress there.  the only dowside is they have pretty small selections of wedding gowns but I think its the experience is more important.  I had loretta as a consultant and she's the one that picked out my dress.  I went in there just for fun but she helped me find MY dress. 

Good luck and a little advice.  Don't settle on the dress 'cause I certainly almost did until I went to Lestar Bridal.  You will know when its "THE ONE"

• CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    edited December 2011
    I liked Carine's and Hitched in Georgetown.  I read negative comments on Yelp about Hannelore's and the other place in Alexandria (not LeStar...the store is a woman's name?).

I wasn't impressed by the service at Priscilla's in Tysons, but now that POB is closing, I believe the samples are all 40% off.  A girl on WB posted about getting her dress there last week.
  • PrfctL7PrfctL7 member
    edited December 2011
    Definitely depends on what kind of bridal "experience" you're looking for, but I liked Ellie's a lot. It's near Hannelore's and LeStar if you just want to make a big day trip out of it, but Ellie's was my favorite of those three in that area.

Oh and I've heard a lot of really awesome things about that place in Lynchburg as well, but I never went down there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards