Virginia

George Street Photography

Has anyone worked them?  Likes, dislikes?  I am interested in using them, but they want a 50% deposit at contracting (understandable) and the rest of the payment 2 weeks before the wedding (which makes me a little uneasy). 

They seem to be new to the DC/NoVa area because they don't have many pictures on their website and I just want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into, before I sign anything with them.

Thanks!

Re: George Street Photography

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_george-street-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:375ed9db-e22c-414b-9a32-792a55ccbd50Post:47b8aae6-99d5-4789-9f73-9a5050d19d89">George Street Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone worked them?  Likes, dislikes?  I am interested in using them, but they want a 50% deposit at contracting (understandable) and <strong>the rest of the payment 2 weeks before the wedding (which makes me a little uneasy)</strong>.  They seem to be new to the DC/NoVa area because they don't have many pictures on their website and I just want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into, before I sign anything with them. Thanks!
    Posted by mcgama26[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Many photographers (and other vendors) are going to want their final payment a couple weeks or so before the wedding. This is normal.

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • I would be a bit leery.  If you read the fine print in their contractg, they reserve the right to use your photographs however they want to (which they won't give a straight answer about if you ask them), won't let you talk with a photographer before the day of the shoot, won't provide references from recent clients and only provide a select number of shots from the photographer (so you can't get a sense of what a recent event they shot was like).  Overall, I think you get what you pay for.  Yes, they're cheaper than most, but that comes at a price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards