Virginia

Vendor Reviews

Hi Girls, just wanted to give a review of all our wedding vendors/sites in case you're planning a wedding out here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach.

Reception Site:  CHRYSLER MUSEUM  (Rating:  A/D)
        They get the A for being a BEAUTIFUL reception location! It truly was a fairy tale type place to hold a wedding at. They get the D though for double booking our wedding date and giving the day away to another couple..after we already had all our vendors booked for the day and everything. There were no other Saturdays available that year after they gave our day away, so we had to settle on a Friday instead or wait a year. I'd give them a F for that but they redeemed themselves a bit by giving us a discount and apologizing. Beautiful venue though!

Caterer:  CUISINE & COMPANY  (Rating:  A)
         Absolutely delicious food! Beautiful presentation too! We worked with Dina Taylor and see was absolutely amazing! You can't go wrong with this caterer. They are a bit on the pricier side of things..but so worth it, I think.

Photographer:  KELLY LEE PHOTOGRAPHY  (Rating:  A)
         She is a lot of fun to work with and her photographs are amazing! I interviewed a lot of photographers in the area but she was the one that I felt the most comfortable with and I really loved her work. On top of it, she's a really sweet girl and a lot of fun to be around...not to mention very talented! Check out her website (http://www.kellyleephotography.com) to see examples...she's amazing and affordable. Plus, she lets you have the rights to your pictures and gives you a DVD with all the images on them..something not many photographers do anymore.

Day of Coordinator:  EMILY WEDDINGS (Rating: A)
      Emily Peterson was the coordinator and she is such a caring, nice and wonderful lady to work with. She is very professional and knows what she's doing. She came prepared with two extra staff members on the day of our wedding and they were all so sweet. She is definitely one of the more affordable planners in the area and while I didn't know if I wanted to spend the money on a day of planner..in the end, I'm so glad I did. The day of our wedding, I didn't have to make any decisions or worry about anything. She ran everything smoothly and it was so nice to just not worry about anything.

Florist:  GRACEFUL DESIGNS (Raing: F  FAILED BIG TIME!!)
        I would warn anyone from using this floral service. I met with Tanya Frasier for several months and she was really nice and sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Two weeks before the wedding we had a mock-up flower meeting where she would show me what my flowers would look like. Not only did she show up 45 minutes late and then forgot some of the pieces she wanted to show me/that I paid for... but she showed up with 4 day old flowers that were dead/dying! They were wilting away on the table! And I paid for them! I couldn't believe it!! I had to fire her and then find a new florist the week before my wedding!!! I would really warn anyone from using them for your floral services. What a disaster that was!

New Florist:  LESLIE HARTIG FLORAL DESIGNS  (Rating: A)
      Wow, they seriously came through for me! I hired them a week before the wedding and they were able to get me the most amazing flowers for our wedding at a reasonable price! She does AMAZING work!! I am so grateful to them for helping us out and doing such a great job!!

DJ:  DJ RODNEY CHARLES (Rating: A)
      If you can book him, do it now!! He is the classiest DJ around! He knew exactly what we wanted and made the whole evening so fun without any cheesy DJ jokes etc. He really has his act together and will give you everything you want.

Hope this helped girls!! Have fun planning!!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    We also used Cuisine and Co.  2 years later, people are still talking about their food! 
    So happy that things worked out with the florist for you, but what a stressful experience!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review!!  We're getting married in September and are using Cuisine & Company (Dina is our contact ;) and are also using Rodney Charles.  Excited you had such a good experience with them!

(and wow I can't believe the Chrysler double booked.  So sorry that happened to you!!)

Oh.. and BEST WISHES!  ;)
  • daisy_angels1daisy_angels1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kelly Lee as our photographer here in Houston, however after our wedding that was in October of 2010 we have heard nothing from her. She refuses to return our calls and emails, and we no longer have a address for her since she has moved. It is very upseting, we have no pictures from our wedding. Now she has even closed her website down.
    We spent alot of money having her come to houston, and we have nothing to show for it.
  • arch16arch16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is very strange! I'll try and get ahold of her for you. I'm sure that's not a good feeling to have. I'll let you know what I find out!
  • daisy_angels1daisy_angels1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks i appreciate that! As of now we still have not heard anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards