Virginia

Where can you try on Tuxedos?

So when you walk into a bridal store you try on dresses, so why is it when you walk into a Tuxedo store they give you two chairs, a catalog and tell you it will be in 3 days before the wedding? If I wanted to order out of a catalog I would do it online :P I want to actually see what my fiancee looks like in different styles and colors, I can't do that if no one has any tuxes to try on. To make matters more complicated my fiancee is 6'7 so he's a hard size to find anyway. Not that it matters too much when there isn't a single tux to try on in the store.

We would rather buy a tux then rent one- that way we know it fits and its what he wants. I'm sure we will find something else he can wear it to... and 400 for a tuxedo is nothing compared to the cost of the average wedding dress. We are willing to drive anywhere in the state for a shop that will actually have tuxedos to try on... or Maryland or NC, if we have to.

Anyone have any recommendations? I mean all these tux rentals have to retire their tuxes eventually, and sell them... so where do they all go?

Re: Where can you try on Tuxedos?

• edited December 2011

There are a few online stores I found thru google - MyOwnTuxedo and RecycledBride are two of them.  You could look into that for a cheap price, then always have them altered if need be.

Many Men's Wearhouses also keep some separates in stock for trying on purposes, but they may not have full set tuxedos. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards