Virginia

Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel

Hey Ya'll, 

I am considering having my reception at The Granby Theate because its art deco style and we are having a swing dance reception. Problem: I'm from Newport News and I grew up in the Kingdom Halls on the Peninsula. Kinda always dreamed that I would get married in Newport News then take photos near the James River. Kinda nervous that the whole reception could be derailed if there is traffic at the tunnel. Am I being silly? Should I just tell guest to take the Monitor Merrimac or bite the bullet and get married at a Hall on the South Side??? Help! Also our tentative date is the Saturday before Labor Day!! Any of you Hampton Roads chica a little nervous about tunnel traffic?
If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel

• edited December 2011
    The Saturday before Labor Day was the clincher for me. I don't go anywhere near the tunnels on holiday weekends and I really think you'd be risking a lot of traffic. Just to be on the safe side I would plan both events on one side of the water or the other.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]The Saturday before Labor Day was the clincher for me. I don't go anywhere near the tunnels on holiday weekends and I really think you'd be risking a lot of traffic. <strong>Just to be on the safe side I would plan both events on one side of the water or the other.</strong>
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

<div>agreed. bridge tunnel traffic is the WORST!</div>
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • edited December 2011
    I know so frustrating how a twenty minute trip can turn into hours!
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards