Virginia

Hampton Roads dress locations

Can anyone recommend great places to look for dresses in Hampton Roads?

Re: Hampton Roads dress locations

• edited December 2011
    I got mine at Maya Couture off Military Hwy in Janaf. The BEST customer service! :) They have dresses in all sorts of price ranges, and will price match if you find a cheaper dress elsewhere :)
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    image Pregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • edited December 2011
    Maya Couture is wonderful - I got my bridesmaid dresses there.

I actually found my gown at Blush Consignment boutique in Newport News.  They have a HUGE selection of gowns and accessories, along with bridesmaid and MOB dresses, in a good range of sizes.  They have new, never worn dresses as well, so don't let the "consignment" aspect scare you.  In fact, mine was brand new and half off the retail price. 
    They require an appointment to try on dresses, but it's so worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    Another Maya girl here.  LOVE their customer service.  I had Patsy and she was amazing.  Most of their dresses seemed to be in the $1,000-1500 range.  I was happy because I could try on any dress in the store and not worry much about price because I was looking in that range.

I also looked at All the Rage at Hilltop.  A friend bought hers at the one in Chesapeake, and another just recently at the Hilltop location.  I, however HATED their customer service.  It just wasn't a "fun" experience (we were also coming off the high of going to Maya that day).  I was limited to 6 dresses only which was sort of annoying. 

A friend of mine recommends Ava Clara- the only reason I didn't look there was because of price.  They're a little more high end.  They probably had something in my price range but I was afraid of falling in love with something over it- a good friend got hers there and it was about $1,000 over her price range (something like 2-3K before alterations).

Another  expensive place is Pure English- I think they're supposed to be "the best."  They have a consignment store as well (I think it's called SILK).
  • edited December 2011
    I went to All the Rage in Va beach and I had a really good experience.  They didnt have much of what I was looking for but I tried on a lot of dresses, some of which were very pretty.  Our person was very kind and helpful.  I ended up getting my dress from david's bridal in Hampton tho.  Not great customer service but they had exactly what I wanted in an alright price point.
  • edited December 2011
    I also went to Maya, but didn't buy my dress there. And my budget was $800 and I was able to try on over 20 dresses there (of ones I liked too not just all the cheap ones.) So definitely try there!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I went to all the places mentioned so far.  I found two dresses but I like various things about then (and a few things I dont like).  Has anyone had a custom dress made?
  • habanewhabanew
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses at Pure English Bridal and the experience was great, I am lucky enough that my mom is a seamstress and she's making my dress. But good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards