Virginia

Invitations

Hello everyone. I am needing some guidance on wedding invitations. We are having 2 weddings and 2 receptions in May at Virginia Tech. We will need several inserts for a map, rsvp, and hotel listings at least. We are expecting 250 guests max for each ceremony. I don't really have time now to do any DIY invitations.

I really want invitations that have pockets for all of the inserts. However, I am not sure how much to expect to pay or where to get these. I am open for suggestions!

Thank you!

In regards to my post about rehearsal dinner in Blacksburg - we are planning on Bull & Bones. Thank you all so much for your advice!

Re: Invitations

• SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out etsy since it appears that you have a lot of requirements with 2 weddings and 2 receptions in 1 month.  Someone on there is probably going to be hopefully cheaper than an online retailers.

I used cards and pockets, but that's DIY.

Also if you are near a Paper Source they have invitation consulting as well as DIY materials.  My Gatsby is another online source I looked into.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. I know that there is a website. I think it is invitations4less or something similar. Sharon Naylor writes about them in her book how to have a dazzling wedding on a budget. They give a 40% discount because they are connected to leukemia and lymphoma society and give some proceeds to them. Also, in Vinton there is a place called Baker's Bizaar, they give 20% off of invitations and are really nice. Good luck!
  • burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at vistaprint.com

They have a lot to choose from and are rather cheap. We got ours there; a pretty dark blue and light blue flower design on linen paper. My FI actually chose it and I loved it when it came in!

They also have tons of free stuff you can use for the wedding too and just pay shipping. If you get everything at one time the shipping is combined and it's free! :)
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your recommendations! I have started to check out some of the options at vistaprint now. What things did you get free that you were able to use? I saw that they have a wedding package deal that comes with all of the inserts and envelopes, but wasn't sure of any free items with shipping. :) Also, how did you choose the linen paper? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards