Virginia

Reception Venues in Virginia Beach or Norfolk??

My fiance and I are getting married in June next year and we are having trouble finding venues in Virginia Beach and Norfolk that are priced at under $2,000. Also can anyone recomend a good inexpensive caterer who can provide a BBQ style buffet?

Re: Reception Venues in Virginia Beach or Norfolk??

• edited December 2011

Don't have any venues for you, but on craigslist, www.SouthernBoyzBBQ.com. Now I have never used them, don't know what your budget is either, hopes this helps.

• edited December 2011
    We have our wedding at Baker Hall at Botanical Gardens. It was about 2,800. The catering is most expensive though.  It all depends on what you want. Our cater is Creative Caterering and it was 4,300.
  • edited December 2011
    Very few places let you bring in your own food, but ones that I think let you are the Chrysler Museum, Mariner's Museum, Va Living Museum, Peninsula Fine Arts Center, Smithfield Center, Boxwood Inn, and Contemporary Art Center.

And maybe Attucks Theatre? Lighthouse on the Cove does as well, but their rental is over 2000.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,  I am getting married in this awesome location in virginia beach and they have wedding  places that you can prbly get for under 2000 dollars
    check them out. www.primoevents.net
  • edited December 2011
    If you click this link you will see several locations for norfolk and virginia beach.

http://hamptonroadsweddings.blogspot.com/2010/09/reception-and-ceremony-sites.html#more

As far as BBQ there is Pierces bbq, County Grill for sure caters though I don't know where their locations are on that side. My FI and I gave eaten at County Grill several times and loooove it!

Dreama
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Found a wonderful venue in Virginia Beach at The Signature at West Neck....beautiful Arnold Palmer designed golf course and just perfect for weddings...unfortunatley our date in June has been taken so we opted for an evening wedding for June 19th....only problem is we just realized last night that June 19th is Fathers Day :(
    However, if anyone is looking for a great venue at a really decent price for later on in 2011 you should give them a call!!
  • aewilson37aewilson37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there in Nov!! LOVE IT!! n close to my home
  • nccatimnccatim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is the signature at great neck a big venue by any chance?

sorry to ask randomly.

oh and btw, chrysler museum only allowes cuisine and company for their catering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards