Virginia

Briar Patch Inn, Middleburg

Has anyone had their wedding ceremony/reception here or been to a wedding here?  I am thinking of booking it for a May 2011 wedding but would love some feedback from others.

Many thanks!

Re: Briar Patch Inn, Middleburg

• edited December 2011
    We are considering having our wedding there in October 2011.  I don't know anyone who's attended a wedding there, but some of the vendors that I've mentioned it to always have a very positive reaction, and I've seen lots of beautiful pictures.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June 2011!
    We took a tour with Henriette and fell in love!
    Some of my fiance's coworkers attended a wedding there and said it was amazing!
  • A.M.C.A.M.C. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We decided to book there for May 2011.  They seem to be extremely flexible and I love the idea of having the Inn as a base for the entire weekend.  It makes spending time with our families much easier.  Good luck to you both!

• edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there on January 2011 and I love them. They are super helpfull my only concern is since we are having everything inside that it might be hard to rearrage the room from ceremony to reception in a decent time frame. I don't love the pictures hanging on the walls I don't know if you saw them but there little hunt clubish so I went to Ikea and bought cheap frames. When we got our engagement pictures taken (by this amazing photographer in middleburg named saskia paulssen) we got copies and brought them to staples and got them to fit the frames for only $2. Its a cheap way to bring a personal touch to the venue. But I'm really excited about using them. and congrats on your engagement!
  • A.M.C.A.M.C. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your photo idea!  I also asked about the possibility of removing them, but wasn't quite sure what to put up in there place yet.  I would love to hear your vendor recommendations if you don't mind sharing.  Especially your caterer.
  • mistydburtonmistydburton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We booked Briar Patch for October 2011. We love the fact that we get the venue for the entire weekend! I personally have never been to a wedding there but friends of ours have and she said it was beautiful!! I love the idea of changing the pictures--I will have to fill my fiance in on the idea!! We are about to start visiting with caterers. So far we have appointments set up with Teatime delicacies (you get a free wedding cake which I hear tastes AMAZING!) and American catering.

• edited December 2011
    For those of you that have had your wedding here or are planning, how are you planning on having the ceremony inside?  And how many guests do you have?  I haven't had the full tour, but I peaked around when I stayed there over Valentine's Day.  I was worried about having the ceremony in the big reception room since there was a big pillar smack dab in the middle of where I thought the aisle might be (if we had to have our ceremony in there.)  Ideally we'll be able to have it outside, but I want to plan for rain.
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards