Virginia

Salons in Blacksburg Area

Hello everyone! I am wondering who you used for hair and/or makeup in the Blacksburg area. I will be having 2 weddings there at the end of May. I live in Missouri and won't have time to visit or do a trial run of hair before the wedding week. I am hoping that someone has a great recommendation. :)

Also, do you recommend just going to the salon the morning of the wedding?

Thanks so much!

Re: Salons in Blacksburg Area

• edited December 2011
    Meredith's Salon in Christiansburg (12 min from VT)
  • edited December 2011
    I get my hair done at Innovations in Blacksburg off of Hethwood Blvd.  Ask for Tammy, she's the best.  They also do manis and pedis there if you're interested in that as well.
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your recommendations. Keep them coming!
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elite on S. Main St (near Kroger). Ask for Kerri, she's brilliant. She's been cutting my hair for three years (I met her in class, actually, but she's been working there since she was like, 17). She's certified to do pretty much everything: hair, mani/pedi, and I'm pretty sure she can do make-up too.
  • orangenmaroonorangenmaroon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Images by B!!  They are a little expensive.. but soo so worth it!  I went there while in college, and my friends went there too.. I have never had a hair cut so good as went I got it cut there!  ANd the stylists know their stuff, they can look at you and tell you what will or won't work with your hair and give you suggestions!  Plus, they keep a file on you and fill out a paper about your hair specifics so they can better serve you.  FYI, they have a website too! ImagesbyB.com :)
  • maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second Elite. I used to go to Holly when I was in college at VT. Not only did she do great work, but I found her to be very affordable as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for make-up I would defintely suggest Images by B.  They do good hair too but they are one of the only places around that I know of that does airbrush make-up which makes you look awesome.  Classic day spa can also do it all - a little expensive but their hair is great and they're really classy and reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards