Virginia
Options

bridal party gifts?

I am having the hardest time coming up with something to give everyone that is the same? Do you think it would be weird if I just got everyone something different that the cost was the same?

Re: bridal party gifts?

• Options
    SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to get them all the same thing if you don't want to.

I did a mix of both.  Each girl got a LL Bean tote (like $10 at the outlet) a black pashmina in case it was chilly, I made them pearl earrings and bracelet for the wedding and classic enough to wear later.  Then I made each BM a scrapbook with photos through the years and some pre-wedding stuff.  Then they each got a little something that was particular to them.
  • Options
    pennylane5309pennylane5309 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's perfectly fine to do different gifts that are relatively equivalent in cost. It seems more personal. I was thinking of doing the same general idea but with personalized twist for each. Our wedding is honey-themed so I wanted to use different Burt's Bees packages depending on what my bridesmaids value more. Different is fine- shows you put thought into it!
  • Options
    courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Different is totally fine.  Definitely much more personal and thought out, and makes it more likely that they will like whatever it is and use it.
  • Options
    vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I wound up going with different gifts- I was just starting to freak out about the tiny details!
  • Options
    luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am giving them jewelry, which they can wear in the wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards