Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

inexpensive/DIY wedding venues in Dallas/FW

HELLO! I'm planning my wedding for next summer and i have been looking for Venues/ Banquet rooms in the Arlington, TX area which I haven't had any luck Frown all of the venues are very expensive and do not allow outside catering. So I'm looking for a nice reception venue in the Dallas/ FW area no more than $2,000 to rent and would allow me to bring my own food.. trying to have a nice wedding without breaking the bank! Any suggestions or advice?

Re: inexpensive/DIY wedding venues in Dallas/FW

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_inexpensivediy-wedding-venues-in-dallasfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:14122d59-bf94-47fa-bf82-e0c522d8f95cPost:821bd10b-59ab-469f-880f-94286f13c829">inexpensive/DIY wedding venues in Dallas/FW</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELLO! I'm planning my wedding for next summer and i have been looking for Venues/ Banquet rooms in the Arlington, TX area which I haven't had any luck  all of the venues are very expensive and do not allow outside catering. So I'm looking for a nice reception venue in the Dallas/ FW area no more than $2,000 to rent and would allow me to bring my own food.. trying to have a nice wedding without breaking the bank! Any suggestions or advice?
    Posted by ebonylf1[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if the YWCA in Ft worth is in this budget. I'm pretty sure they let you bring in catering though. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited July 2012
    I only know the DIY venues in FW. Here's the rundown of what I looked at:

I had my reception at the YWCA in downtown FW and it was $2200 for one level (or $2500 for both levels of the building) on a Saturday night when I booked it in 2010. Seated capacity of 175. Standing capacity of 200.

We had the RD at 809 at Vickery near downtown FW -- it was $2200 for a Friday night when I booked.

T&P Station was $2500 for a Saturday night.

Other DIY venues I looked at but don't remember the prices:

Fort Worth Community Arts Center

Artspace 111

Times Ten Cellars (you just have to serve their wine)

You might look into restaurants -- several brides right now are renting out restaurants for the evening. There's usually no rental fee, a small setup fee, they provide tables, chairs, linens, servingware, etc, and most have very affordable food. The only thing I found that was expensive going this route was the alcohol (which you can put a limit on the bar tab -- most places are very flexible.) Restaurants I've heard mentioned are Joe T Garcia's and El Fenix, but I'm sure others can chime in with more info.
  • I'm getting married at Winfrey Point in Dallas. It's definitely affordable (150/hour, any day), but apparently it's super hard to get-most people say you have to do it at exactly one year in advance, they don't allow any earlier. We got lucky and booked a little less than 9 months out, but that's partially because we were willing to have our wedding on a Friday. It's a total blank slate but they let you bring in everything so you can really do what you want with the venue.
  • Thank You so much for the information!
  • I am getting married at Special Moments in Lewisville the only thing is it is pretty small. No more than 100 people but they are allowing me to bring in my own food, drinks, decor, etc...
  • Myers Park and Event Center in McKinney might fit in with your budget. I think the highest package price is $2100
    http://www.co.collin.tx.us/parks/myers/wedding_package.jsp
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have you tried things like VFW Halls or similar. Some of them have very pretty banquet halls that can be very inexpensive. Somebody mentioned one the other day but I can't remember the name!
  • edited July 2012
    When I was looking, the best place that was $2000 exactly was Lofty Spaces. Its right outside of downtown Dallas. They allow outside catering and alcohol. It was my #1 choice until I went a different direction.

I think the Texas Discovery Gardens in dallas were around that price too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This my be right up your alley, MPAC is in the old Courthouse in Mckinney. the room we rented for our wedding was $255 for 6 hours

http://www3.mckinneytexas.org/mpac.aspx?id=12308

-They allow outside catering
    -They have a uniqe rooms
    -AFFORDABLE!!!!!

• Thanks again for the information! Smile
  • I just booked at the Pantego Lions Club in Arlington....$1000 and a $200 refundable deposit for all day...8am -1am.  Accomodates about 200 people, you bring in all your own everything, some decorating limitations. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_inexpensivediy-wedding-venues-in-dallasfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:14122d59-bf94-47fa-bf82-e0c522d8f95cPost:3d9286c6-bd57-4f8a-86a1-3764691ce515">Re: inexpensive/DIY wedding venues in Dallas/FW</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just booked at the Pantego Lions Club in Arlington....$1000 and a $200 refundable deposit for all day...8am -1am.  Accomodates about 200 people, you bring in all your own everything, some decorating limitations. 
    Posted by flicdabic77[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info..Do they have a website?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards