Virginia

Running of the Brides in DC on July 30

Hey ladies, I was just wondering if anybody else was planning on hitting up Filene's for the Running of the Brides in DC on July 30.
We're going dress shopping for the first time this week and then unless I fall in love with something, we're going to DC. But not early in the morning. We'll plan on hitting the stores around noon. I'm super excited at the thought of an entire room full of dresses all costing no more than $700. It's a budget bride's dream come true.
Anybody else going to try for a super dress deal?

Re: Running of the Brides in DC on July 30

• edited December 2011
    I'll be there!!  Good luck finding your perfect dress!
  • hyperpolyglothyperpolyglot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of going. Has anyone gone before?
  • awest126awest126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the one in ATL.  I got a pronovias dress for $650.  First dress I tried on. 
  • edited December 2011
    I went last year...just for fun...not really expecting to find anything...but ended up with a Carolina Hererra dress for $700! It was great, but there are lots of not so fabulous dresses, so make sure to keep your eyes open...and it is so HOT down there:) I think we found the dress in about 2 hours. The first hour is crazy b/c everyone holds onto the dresses to trade for something better. But most brides are only buying one dress so there are TONS of dresses left. Just make sure to take your time and not to get discouraged. At the end of the day we have a great story to tell AND I got a fabulous dress!!! Have a great time...it is truly a once in a lifetime experience!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards