Virginia
Options

Paying for a wedding planner

Are they typically paid in full upfront or like most vendors, a deposit and balance paid shortly after ceremony?

Re: Paying for a wedding planner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner total was $425.  To book her we had to pay 50% (we also waited until last minute to book her, usually you only put down 25%), and then she just got paid another payment a week ago for 25%, and she has to be paid in full 30 days before the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our planner required a certain amount up front and then the rest later.  A planner isn't much different than any other vendor- they'll have a payment schedule in their contract most likely. 
  • Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is there a planner for $425?  Is she just for "day of" coordination?  The cheapest I've seen for "day of" so far is $700 here in Charlottesville.  Most are over $1000 for day of and $3000 or more for more involved planning.

I'm a little overwhelmed, can you tell?  :)
  • Options
    tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Majority of planners require a deposit (30-50%) when signing contract with the balance due a little before the wedding. Some offer payment schedules.
    I'd be wary of a planner (or any vendor) that requires full payment upfront.
  • Options
    saylorandtobysaylorandtoby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did half up front and half 3 weeks before...thought that was pretty standard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards