Virginia

FAQ

edited June 2013 in Virginia
Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board! 

Have community questions? Contact @KnotPorscha

Newbies & lurkers, please don't be shy! Feel free to make a post introducing yourself. Tell us what your role is in the wedding, your date, how FI proposed, whatever you want! We love intro posts and it gives the all of the "regulars" an opportunity to get to know a little bit about you & your wedding.

Before you post to ask a question, double check prior posts to see if it has been asked recently or try to run a message board search - this is at the bottom of the board. Don't forget about Google either! You'll find that you can't have a message board without acronyms [& there are a lot of them -- I'm still learning!]

Some things for you to remember:

• Lurk first! Take the time to just observe, read posts and get a feel for how things work here before you start posting.
  • We talk about a lot of things, not just wedding related information. Many people actually become friends. That's a good thing, embrace it!
  • Vendors are not welcome. Don't come on here advertising your business.
  • Don't ask a question unless you actually want an answer. You will hear all sides, people who agree with you and people who disagree with you. Be prepared for that. We are a friendly bunch, don't be shy.
  • Google is your friend. Use It. Love it. Also, search through prior posts, there is a good chance someone has just answered a question similar to yours.
  • Don't post ANY personal information. This is a public message board and ANYONE can read this. Personal info includes phone numbers, full name (esp last name), work info.. etc. If your screen name has your full name or email in it, change it. It's for your protection.

Here is the  link for the community rules....
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

Frequently Used Knottie Lingo 
Abbreviation     MeaningBC, BCPBirth Control, Birth Control PillsBFBoyfriend or Best FriendBMBridesmaid or Best ManBPBridal PartyBTWBy The WayC&PCopy and PasteDDDirty DeleteDFDear FianceDHDarling HusbandDWDestination WeddingE-ringEngagement RingE-partyEngagement PartyFGFlower GirlFIFianceFILFather-In-LawFILsFuture In-LawsFBILFuture Brother-In-LawFFILFuture Father-In-LawFMILFuture Mother-In-LawFSILFuture Sister-In-LawGFGirlfriendGMGroomsmenGTGKnottie Get TogetherHMHoneymoonHTHHope This HelpsIHOIn Honor OfILsIn-LawsIMHOIn My Humble OpinionIMNSHOIn My Not So Humble OpinionJKJust Kidding/JokingJPJustice of the PeaceLOLLaughing Out LoudLTBMLiving Together Before MarriageMILMother-In-LawMOHMaid/Matron of HonorMUDMade-Up DramaNFTNo Further TextNHNew HusbandNWRNot Wedding RelatedOMGOh My God!OOTOut of TownP&EPlanning and Etiquette BoardPIBPictures In BioPSAPublic Service AnnouncementRBRing BearerRDRehearsal DinnerRPRepostROTFLRolling On The Floor LaughingSAHMStay-At-Home MomSAHWStay-At-Home WifeSAHDStay-At-Home DadSTDsSave-The-Date CardsTIAThanks In AdvanceTMIToo Much InformationTYThank YouWPWedding Party

DAYS OF THE WEEK DEFINITIONS

R&R Monday (Rant and Rave Monday) - basically whatever you want to rant or rave about...

OL Tuesday (Open Letter Tuesday) - Just open letters to whatever you want.  This is usually like this:
Example:
Dear job,
I am so glad that my last day here will be on Friday!  I can't wait to get the eff out of here!
Sincerely,
Person who is counting down the hours until she can get out

SA Wednesday (Say Anything Wednesday) - Basically you say whatever you want to say.  It can be WR or NWR.  It can be good or bad.  It can be flame worthy or not.

TTT (Top Three Thursday) -  A list of your favorite....Every Thursday anyone may start a Top three list.

Friday- Is open for discussion for any ideas!

Happy Planning!

-Dreama =)
May 21st,2011
"to make you feel my love"
dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards