Virginia
Options

Bartender/cash bar

Is there a way to have a Cash bar with a bartender without going through a catering service?  I think it would be cheaper than what my caterer offers (without using their bartender I can just have the food dropped off and not pay extra for waiters)  If it comes down to it we would be willing to just buy alcohol on our own if we can get someone licensed to serve it.  I'm not sure what to do.  Any suggestions? Not sure if Craigslist is really safe for this sort of service...

Re: Bartender/cash bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    After my initial panic/fury attack this morning I did some research and found a private bartending service. Since our caterer has drop/off as a possiblity for the food we are not required to use them.  I end up saving $500 dollars by using this service (depending on how much alcohol we choose to buy, I believe they only serve they don't supply.)  So crisis averted, if they have my date available. If anyone reads this with a similar problem I'll be happy to give out the vendor info!
  • Options
    vavrajkvavrajk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind sharing the name of the private bartending service you found? I'm looking into hiring a bartender for our wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_bartendercash-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:bdf1fc95-2bd0-4df5-8af8-d99bc2809a1fPost:015a7fc3-fd33-4d2d-8aaf-5a024847d7f1">Bartender/cash bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a way to have a Cash bar with a bartender without going through a catering service?  I think it would be cheaper than what my caterer offers (without using their bartender I can just have the food dropped off and not pay extra for waiters)  If it comes down to it we would be willing to just buy alcohol on our own if we can get someone licensed to serve it.  I'm not sure what to do.  Any suggestions? Not sure if Craigslist is really safe for this sort of service...
    IMIX BARTENDING 757-597-3916
  • Options
    iMIX bARTENDING service is great service and very dependable option757-597-3916
    imixbartending@gmail.com
    "TOP SHELF SERVICE BOTTOM SHELF PRICES"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards