Virginia
Options

Hampton Road venue and caterer

We have a very small budget like 5k all together that's not including my dress, but everything else is included in that. So we need the cheapest venue we can find. We want to ideall get married outside then come inside for the reception. We will have about 100-125 guests so we can't use anyone's house and parks just seem like too much work unless you guys know one where we could fit that many people without having to rent a tent and chairs and all. 

We do have a DJ who will work for free or cheap and a free officiant. So basically, we can spend like 3-4k on just the venue and food (including tables and lines if we have to have them). Ideally I want a place with tables and chairs that look decent on their own. I can't really afford to decorate too much. I would love a place that lets me bring my own food as I have a friend who owns a resteraunt and can make sandwhiches and things like that, but we can't transport those too far so it would have to be Norfolk if we used him. I feel like I've explored all my options and can't afford to have the number of people I want, but I thought maybe you guys would have some more ideas.I really just want to give up and elope, but my finace refuses to do that.

Right now I am leaning toward the yorktown freight shed, but if we go with them do you guys know any afforable caterers? I couldn't find any in the area at all that weren't going to cost us like 4k just for the food. We just want simple snadwhiches and things like that just so people aren't starving, nothing special though we aren't opposed to something better.

Re: Hampton Road venue and caterer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Smithfield Center? 

It's 1000 to book the main hall for the reception, and between 200-800 for the ceremony space. I'm not sure if they will allow you to do your own food, but you could find a caterer with an inexpensive hours deourvs (I always spell that wrong) package. 

The tables and chairs are included for the reception hall. The chairs are blue plastic, but in good shape. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about using the Attuck's Theater??  It's only 800$ to rent out and its a pretty cool place, I seriously considered having my reception here.

Here is the link:

Photobucket
  • Options
    malbontrmalbontr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It might be just a bit over your budget but The Yacht Club at Marina Shores offers an all-inclusive wedding package for $5999 which includes the room, the chairs, tables, linens, flowers, photography, food and wedding cake!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for teh advice. I have checked out the yatch club, but it's over our budget. I really wouldn't want to do anythign all inclusive for more than 4k because I want the freedom to add stuff and change stuff if I need to and I still need money for the rest of my outfit, my hair and make up, suit rentals exc.

I was super excited about Attucks theater, but I am not too sure about having to rent all the tables and chairs. It seems like a big hassle and it could ad up very quickly especailly when we can't use our own caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards