Virginia

Brides needed for photo shoot THIS Sunday at Meadowlark! (And you'll get free photos.)

My friend, who is the resident photographer at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, will be conducting a wedding photography class (for wannabe wedding photographers) on Sunday, April 15, 2011 at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Virginia (Northern Virginia).  He needs a couple of brides (women in wedding dresses) to be "models" for the students participating in the workshop.   

In exchange for your time, you will be provided with a CD of digital images taken by the students and the instructor. (You will be asked to sign a "model release" so that the students can include the photos that they take of you in their portfolios.) This is a great opportunity for budget-savy brides to receive free bridal portraits in one of the area's most sought-after wedding venues!

Your actual wedding date can be before or after the day of the workshop--he just needs women who will make a commitment to show up and then patiently pose in their wedding gowns as he instructs his students on how to take great pictures of you.

If you are interested, please e-mail the instructor (Bill Folsom, wbfolsom@verizon.net) your contact information.  (I can personally testify that he's a nice guy and this is a fun opportunity.  I met him a few years ago after I saw a posting like this on The Knot and I've posed for some of his classes before.  I'm on his website (www.wfolsom.com) sitting on a bench and leaning against a column!  He's a really good photographer and Meadowlark is such a beautiful park!  Plus I liked listening to the advice he was giving his students--he has some good tricks for taking good people pictures.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards