Virginia
Options

University of Virginia Chapel

My fiance and I really want to get married at the UVa chapel. My fiance is a 2010 graduate of UVa and most of our dates have been centered around UVa sporting events. We are getting married (hopefully) on June 8, 2013 so we would have to enter the lottery for the chapel in May 2012 and we would find out if we can have our wedding at the chapel the first week of June 2012. Talk about stressful!

I was just wondering if any of you all have either gotten married at the chapel or are looking into the chapel? How hard is it really to get the chapel for our wedding?

Thanks!! =)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: University of Virginia Chapel

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I planned a wedding in the UVA Chapel that didn't end up happening (long story, and it was a long time ago).  I've also attended a few weddings there. 

Yep, basically you enter the lottery, and see if you get lucky or not.

A few things to consider about the chapel:

1.  You get a VERY limmited time slot for your cereomy, which gives very little time for pictures. It's almost impossible to do any kind of decorations because there just isn't much time to put anything up or take it down.   It (obviosuly) can be done, just make sure you have a plan for exactly what pictures you want and designate people to get things done.  There are a LOT of awesome places to take photos within a few hundred yards of the Chapel (Rotunda, The Lawn, The Corner) so even if your time slot at the actual chapel is up, you can still take more pics nearby, especially if the weather is nice. 

2.   There's not really any parking close to the Chapel.  The closest is at Newcomb hall parking garage, which is about a 5 minute walk.  I think they can block off a few spaces right in front of the chapel for the B&G and maybe one or two spots for people who can't walk.  You might want to organize people who can't walk far (like grandparents) to ride together.

Good luck and let us know how it works out:-)   There are a handful of Cville brides on here, and we can give you advice on other vendors in the area, reception venues, etc :-)

DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards