Virginia

Premarital Counseling in Hampton Roads

Can anyone suggest inexpensive and preferably non-religious pre-marital counseling options in the Hampton Roads area? Preferably in Virginia Beach.

Re: Premarital Counseling in Hampton Roads

• Are you miltary  by any chance?
    DSC_9275
  • No, I'm definitely the minority in this area hahaha
  • Just wondering :-)  There are a lot of good options for premarital/family counseling for military members.

Have you tried contacting your insurance company?  If you are covered for family counseling, then you might be able to get pre-marital counseling as well.   You might also try your local community center.  

There are also a lot of different books that you and your fiance can read together. My husband and I were long-distance before the wedding, so we bought two copies of the same book, and chose which chapters to read and discuss together (there were some activities and worksheets in there too).  Amazon has a lot of different options depending on what type of thing you're looking for (some are more religious in nature, some are geared towards blending families, etc).
    DSC_9275
  • We both have different insurance companies... would we both be covered for sessions if only one of our insurance company's covered it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_premarital-counseling-in-hampton-roads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:e06908d1-a034-45a3-8106-6a21e17e19b0Post:fdf8b442-de42-405e-bfdb-0953c56abaaa">Re: Premarital Counseling in Hampton Roads</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both have different insurance companies... would we both be covered for sessions if only one of our insurance company's covered it?
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure, but I imagine if pre-marital counseling is covered at all, then it would be covered for both of you.  It's worth a phone call, at least:-)</div>
    DSC_9275
  • We did it through the Tidewater Pastoral Counseling Services.  They were very good.  It's a one day thing that lasts a couple of hours and it was $150.  We really enjoyed the experience and it is good for any faith.  Hope this helps
  • David Martin in Chesapeake.  Wonderful man, amazing insight and expertise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards