Virginia

Northern Virginia Cake prices

Hi, I'm looking at cakes and I'm curious about how the bakers in the area compare in price, value, and taste. I've been to a few weddings and I haven't really liked how they taste. The cake part is dry, the filling is too sweet, and the fondant is chewy. My sister is a pastry arts student and I'd like to let her decorate the cake since she is not able to bake it (she doesn't have a professional kitchen) so I'm thinking of ordering a blank cake.

Q1: Where did you find the best tasting cake?

Q2: Do you think a baker would get really pushy with decorations and such if I asked for a plain cake?

Q3: About how much would a cake like the above cost for a reception of a maximum of 70 people?

Re: Northern Virginia Cake prices

• pinktimbspinktimbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, stay away from The Icing Cakes in Stafford, Virginia. They did my wedding cake and it was a disaster.
    We're married, woo!
  • ameliacoletteameliacolette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cupcake Heaven in Haymarket, VA does great cakes! And OMG they are delicious. Check out their work on Facebook... search Cupcake Heaven Haymarket
  • dmichael47dmichael47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Darlene's Specialty Cakes in Manassas, VA.   She has received great reviews and her cakes are always moist, delicious and beautiful.  The prices are reasonable and sets up a payment plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards