Virginia

Finally booked the venue!!

...and it only took me eight months and twenty-four days and an earthquake to decide!
Wanted to go for KFV on a Saturday in October 2012 but darnit they were already booked...Finally coughed up the cash for Friday October 26, 2012 at King Family! I'm slightly bummed about it being on a Friday because of so many OOT guests, but, I think it will work in our [budget] favor. I'm now thinking of a cool Saturday outing with guests that are staying in town-maybe a brewery/winery tour? We'll see!

Re: Finally booked the venue!!

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for KFV!  I fell in love with the place.  I think it's going to look AWESOME in October with the leaves changing colors and the mountain backdrop.  PLUS -- you are getting married on my BIRTHDAY:-)

Hmmm...Saturday outings....maybe a tour of Monticello?  Hiking up to Humbpack Rock?  Oooooh, is there a home football game that weekend?  You could go...or if not, avoid grounds like the plague:-) 
    DSC_9275
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wanted a Friday from the start specifically because my family is in NYC and Boston.  We want them to have a day to explore and see Monticello and Charlottesville.  If we had our wedding on a Saturday, they'd have to pack up and go home the next morning.

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Im having venue envy!!!  I was just oogling that place, literally like 5 minutes ago.  BEAUTIFUL!!  It will be stunning.  Im also planning an Oct wedding.  I love that place! Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • KAB05009KAB05009 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I booked King Family Vineyard last weekend too! Our date is January 21, 2012. I'm hoping this Winter wedding thing works out, because I think it will be cozy and beautiful to have that fire place going!

I'm only ~5 months away and haven't booked ANY vendors. Who are you using???
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KAB

I'm using Beggars Banquet for Catering.  Curry and Marty are awesome, and they do rentals as well.  We also looked at Harvest Moon, and really liked Barbara (she also does rentals), but her prices were a teensy bit higher.

For flowers we're going with Couture Design in Crozet.  It used to be Patterson's Flowers, if you're familiar with Mr. Patterson (he was my 12th grade government teacher at WAHS).  The new owner Ken Ward still works closely with Mr. Patterson.  He was very friendly -- gave him our budget, and he is making it work.

I'm hiring a photographer from out of town (she's a friend who lives in Tacoma, WA but travels).    Hilary Mercer (www.hilarymercer.com) if you're interested.  There are lots of great photographers in Cville though.

We booked blocks of hotel rooms at Hampton Inn & Suites and Red Roof Inn, both on Main Street (on the corner).  We also looked at Courtyard Marriott on the corner, and Hilton Garden Inn on Pantops (it's right off 64, so getting to KFV would be easy).

We'll probably use UVA transit for transpo, but are still looking for a limo company for the WP.

We are still working on DJ and a string quartet for the ceremony, if anyone out there has any recommendations.  I wish I could afford Big Ray and the Kool Kats (my dad used to be the bass player) -- they are awesome but I can't afford them.
    DSC_9275
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    edited December 2011
    KAB- I think your winter wedding will be great. What are your colors?
    I haven't actually booked any vendors yet, but I have been kicking around some ideas.

For food we're doing a family style dinner concept with lazy susans and multiple wines and beers brought to the tables in possibly carafes? I'm going with Buz and Nedz BBQ from Richmond, VA. (they beat Bobby Flay in a throwdown)..
    I'm not sure about rentals I'm going to try to source most of the stuff myself but we'll see.

My FMIL does flowers on the side-so she volunteered flowers. If you want her email address she is very flexible and can do things on short notice.

For the cake we are using Confections by Carlotta-because she is amazing.

During the ceremony I'm hoping that my fiance's brother in law will play the guitar-he is a music producer in Cville and knows a few bands so I'm hoping that he may recommend someone.He also has microphones and that type of thing for the ceremony.For the ceremony, we may skip wedding music and hire Trees on Fire. I do want a band for sure though.

We have friends that do videography, photography, and printing which have already agreed to do the wedding..Heather Belle Ink for calligraphy for some things.

Has anyone priced out the cost of the wedding insurance at KFV? I didn't know how much it was until after I called my insurance company.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the next step in planning..which is hopefully dress shopping?
  • Cocobean77Cocobean77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your venue :). And the colors during your Fall weather plus the views will be breathtaking! We are also getting married at a vineyard, CrossKeys Vineyard in Mt. Crawford vA (near Harrisonburg) I've scouted vendors since I got engages in February. Have all of my major ones set, just need to choose flourist and videographer. Avion22: have u checked out DJ Derek Tobler? He's in the Charlottesville area and has worked at many of the wineries in that are ( Veritas, etc) I called 2-3 of his references and got ave reviews! I'm excited I was able to secure him for our June wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    edited December 2011
    Coco-CrossKeys is beautiful! Very nice-the room looks beautiful and that large stone terrace is for cocktail hour/ceremony?
    Sounds like you are very close to being complete-any DIY projects you are doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards