Virginia
Options

bridal entrance ideas

We finally just found our venue! Super excited.  But the only thing is that we're having an outdoor ceremony and the ceremony area is very much out in the open, along a path at a farm.  I'd like to still make some sort of entrance and not slowly walk up from way far away but I have no idea what to do.  I'm not really a roll up in a horse and wagon kind of girl and I'd rather not fumble out of a car and try to straighten myself up before I walk up but I don't know what else to do. Any ideas??

Thanks!
~elizabeth hope

Re: bridal entrance ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What theme is your wedding?
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um..i'm not sure about a theme exactly but it'll be teal with sunflowers, kind of laid back.  wildflowers with mason jars, cupcakes, etc but not so casual that it doesn't feel like a wedding. the ceremony is outside in a little garden area by a path and the reception is in a barn. but i want to make sure it's not like country, i love being outside but more free spirit than country if that makes sense. sorry, not sure how to answer that
    ~elizabeth hope
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You could have the car drive up, then get out of the side that is not facing the guests, straighten yourself up and line up, and have the car slowly (so no dust comes up) drive out of the way to reveal you.  Then the guests won't see you fumble with the guests, and it is kind of a dramatic entrance (assuming you can find a tall car large enough to hide you. 

Or put some temporary poles in the ground and put up a curtain that the car will drive behind that can hide you as you straighten.

Or set up a tent where you can get ready and arrive at before the guests arrive that you can step out of.  Just be sure there are fans or something and lots of water to keep you from getting hot/sweaty or dehydrated!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi, I saw your post about bridal entrances, and you mentioned having your reception in a barn setting. I am also looking for a barn setting for my 2012 wedding, and have not had much luck finding a rustic barn. I live in Virginia Beach and considering a 45 mile radius. Any suggestions help or advice you have gathered regarding a barn venue would be greatly appreciated. Congrats and thank you!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards