Ohio-Toledo

Weddings at Schedel Gardens

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a wedding or been to a wedding held at the Schedel Arboretum and Gardens. It is very similar to the Toledo Botanical Gardens, but smaller and more intimate.

Someone I know recently told me that she was at Schedel while a wedding was going on. She wasn't invited, but she decided to just go ahead and take pictures of this wedding!

This really irritated me. I don't want some random stranger taking pictures of an intimate moment in my life and doing whatever they want with them! I just emailed the event coordinator, so I obviously haven't heard anything back yet. But, I'm also having a hard time finding any reviews on the place.

Does anyone have any experience working with Schedel?
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weddings at Schedel Gardens

• Heathc123Heathc123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

not with weddings. I have organized group outings and a luncheon there for my job. they were very easy to work with and i had no complaints.

image 279 Made the cut!
    image 81 Are ready to party! image 39 Are missing out!
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We visited Schedel Gardens and LOVED them!!!  It is so pretty there!  We couldn't find a reception venue we liked, so we didn't end up booking there. The wedding coordinator seemed super nice, so she may be able to help.  I don't know how you will be able to stop people from taking pictures unless you book the wedding for after the garden is closed.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, should have said, ended up NOT booking there.  The gardens were beautiful!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kasekenkaseken member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called to get pricing. It is very expensive there. More than Botanical Gardens.
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding and reception there. 

Pros:   BEAUTIFUL, unique location.  Lots of great spots for photos.  Nice areas for bride & groom to get ready.

Cons:  Long walk and lots of steps to get to the wedding/reception areas from parking lot and from restrooms.  Gardens are still open to the public, so there's no 'guarantee' of privacy.  There's also no lighting, so if you have your reception there, it has to end before sundown.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards