Ohio-Toledo

Should I stay or should I go

First, this has nothing to do with FI. I just have that song stuck in my head and it seemed totally appropriate for my question to everyone. lol   So a few days ago my florist, Glass City Flowers, was on the news complaining about how rising gas prices were affecting her business. Now, I saw this and instantly regretted going with them. My question to everyone is, do you think I shoud stay with her, or should I jump ship and find someone else? They seemed very reasonable when they gave me a quote on my wedding flowers. I am just really concerned that if I stay with them and they go out of business, I'm sol for my wedding!  Ugh, help please. I gave them a $50 deposit and I am almost positive it's refundable, so that's not an issue. What would you do? Thanks for any and all opinions, ladies! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Should I stay or should I go

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think rising gas prices are affecting EVERY business.  Just because she happened to be interviewed on the news doesn't mean that she is going out of business.  If you liked her work and her prices, I wouldn't jump ship.  I would however get the prices (including delivery charges!) in writing if you haven't done so already.  The rising gas prices will ultimately come back to the consumer.  She may very well be raising her prices to make up for the increase in gas.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. You should contact her and get all prices in writing. I complain that I have to pay more in gas - but It doesn't mean I would quit my job. Just sucks all around!!

Best of Luck
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My floral contract is not through them, but I have my prices in writing...ie, 7 bridesmaid bouquets with roses and dahlias, $50 each, 25 centerpieces with lilies, $25 each, etc etc.  I would recommendgetting something that breaks it down like that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, you're wonderful! I do have the quote in writing and she broke it down into amounts of each flower and the cost. ie 4 boxes spray roses @ such and such amount. Ok, I feel better. I am trying soo hard not to overreact when it comes to wedding planning. Failing miserably, though. I was doing fine and then she had to go on tv and freak me out. LOL  Thanks, ladies, for keeping me level headed about this! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards