Ohio-Toledo
Options

Newly Engaged

I'm newly engaged and just registered for the Knot.  Trying to figure out what I can get of being here.  They made me come up with a wedding date, but we're still playing with that too.  Without getting bombarded with tons of junk email, where do I start?

Re: Newly Engaged

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! And welcome!

It can seem overwhelming at first! We thought of what kind of wedding we wanted first, came up with a realistic budget and tenative guest list count, and went from there. Budget and guest list will narrow down halls and venues pretty well. The ladies on this board were great in helping find vendors, so ask anytime you have questions. Check out the recaps and vendors stickies at the top of the Toledo Board for specific details on different Knotties' experiences with different vendors.

If it's in your budget, you might want to think about getting a planner or even a day of coordinator. I went without one because my FMIL was a huuuuge help, but I know how helpful it can be to have someone taking care of the little details.

Also, there is a list of the abbreviations and acronyms here at the end of the page:
     http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/community-frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Good luck!!
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to everything Jookie said, think about what kind of ceremony and reception you want to have.  Are you having a religious or secular ceremony?  Indoors or outdoors?  Do you want an evening reception with drinking and dancing?  Do you want a more casual afternoon cake and punch reception?  Perhaps you want to even have a small destination wedding in a completely different area?  There are sooo many possibilities!

Once you have these things narrowed down, the ladies on this board will be a great resource for ideas!  I found so many vendors and saved a lot of money from their recommendations.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same spot as you. We have not picked a specific date yet we are trying to figure what exactly we want and then try and see who has what available. But I am hoping to get some great info on here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards