Ohio-Toledo

Ceremony Sites

We are looking for a non religious site to hold our ceremony.  I'd rather not do outside, only because I don't want the stress of will it rain up until the date (don't we already have enough stress???) and I'm allergic to bees.  I looked at the Mansion in the Old West End and although, I love it, it wouldn't give me the grand entrance I want.  Nor, hold enough people.  I also looked at the mansion at the metroparks, highly expensive.  I'm thinking about the Wolcott House Chapel, but that seems like we don't get much time.  And I'm not even sure if we get to do a rehearsal.  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas that could help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: Ceremony Sites

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Valentine Theatre downtown allows ceremonies, but if you thought the Manor House was pricey, this may be a little too much as well.  You could check out the Maume Indoor Theatre. (Conant Street)  There is also Connie's Celebration who has a non-denominational indoor chapel. (Jackman/Alexis area) You could also check with reception venues...a lot of times they will let you do the ceremony there, then flip the room quickly for the reception. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • rinoa0587rinoa0587 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the maumee historic theater allows you to rent their rooms. another knottie got married there and it looked beautiful. had I not already booked wildwood before seeing her pics I would've booked there. I think its $400 for a saturday afternoon rental, which is a decent price for a non-church ceremony site around here. google them and you can get all their info off of their site.
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked the Walcott House Chapel and you can do a rehearsal, it just counts towards your 4 hours. I didn't think that 4 hours was enough time, but if you honestly think about it, a rehearsal is how long? 1 hour? A ceremony is how long? 30 minutes? So that leaves you 2 hours and 30 minutes for pictures, decorating, etc. You can also rent it for longer than 4 hours; you just have to pay extra. Hope that helps clears things up about the Walcott House and Good Luck finding a ceremony site!!!
  • edited December 2011
    i got married at the maumee indoor theatre and it was the best decision. i looked at all the others valentine, wolcott, the parks. you get 1 hour rehearsal the night before. you get axcess to all the lighting and sound system with a tech to help. and because no one rented the basement reception area, it was free for us to use. if you have any questons just page me:) 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a non-religious wedding at Space 237 in downtown Toledo. Its a small, beautiful art gallery that holds 130 max. It will cost us about 600 to rent it with rehearsal and set up, plus the cost of chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards