Ohio-Toledo
Options

married ladies

Hi Ladies  For those of you who are already married..... well this might be a dumb question but I am getting a little nervous. I got married sept 5th so over a month ago. am I supposed to get something in the mail, like an offical marriage license or something? I have a copy....? and if I am supposed to receive something in the mail how long does it usually take? I guess I just feel like I should have something by now?

Re: married ladies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i got married sept 25 and today i got in the mail a Certified Copy of the Marriage License. It's just a white piece of paper...has our names and the date and the seal on it...so i'm assuming this is the final thing...cause they said that the one that we signed when we went to the courthouse they said that was the temporary one, so if yu don't have the one i have then i would contact your pastor and make sure he mailed it in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It took me like 3-4 weeks to get ours. Like PP, it was just a plain piece of paper with our names on it with the official seal and such. That is was you show the BMV and SS offices when you get your name changed.
  • Options
    Ab42187Ab42187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know for sure how lucas county does it as I live in the Dayton area and just got married in lucas county but I know we had to go downtown to get the certificate copy along with additional ones which you will need if you need to change multiple things.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards