Ohio-Toledo

Vendor Reviews

Hi Toledo ladies! I have enjoyed reading and occasionally posting on this board. We got married this past weekend! Whoo Hoo! Here are my vendor reviews. I know that people don't like too much negativity about a vendor, so please let me know if you have any questions. Catering/HallWe used Premier catering and the Lakeview Banquet Center. It is out by the Bass Pro Shop - so close to hotels that I could see it from my window at the Hampton. I worked with Tammy at Premier and she was great. Very down to earth and up front with all the costs etc... We used them for the rehearsal dinner (pasta bar, italian salad and breadsticks) - it was so good! For the wedding we had so many compliments on the food!  The servers were nice, the bartenders really knew their stuff, and Tammy was there, making sure we didn't need anything. We were able to bring in our own pop and liquor, which helped a lot. The hall is nothing spectacular, but it has a full wall of windows overlooking a pond. We lined the windows with candles, and everyone watched the sunset.  I felt like we got a country club view on our (not so country club) budget. Hair-We went to the Salon Professional Academy. My hair was EXACTLY what I wanted.  My girls who didn't need updos paid $6-$9 for blow outs/shorter hair styles. The updos were $21.  A few girls took a little longer to get done, but that can happen anyplace. As usual, their front desk staff was a little rude, but I'll take it for the awesome prices.LimoWe used Diamond Chariots out of Clyde. They were the most reasonable company that had something big enough for our party. (14) We had a 20 passenger limo bus for the wedding, and a 14 passenger  for my bachelorette party. Both were very nice, comfortable and well maintained. The driver (Butch)  was fab. I would use them again in a heartbeat. DJWe used Sihasi. Mark Simon was our DJ. He was great. A little more mature than some of the DJs I met at bridal shows... He really knew what he was doing, was comfortable and not cheesy. Good prices too.  We had very little contact with him beforehand, just filled out an online info form and then a brief telephone call... he is indeed a pro. PhotographerJudy Palmer Red Door Photography - Judy was awesome. I haven't seen the pictures yet, except for a few she showed me on her camera. We went to the Wolcott house and Sidecut, and she took a lot of pictures. She was great at keeping everyone on track, and letting the rest of the bridal party get back on the limo when she could. She knew exactly the right order to do everything in. Great prices, and I liked her portfolio.  CakeI used Mary Mick out of Defiance. It seemed like the price was right, but somehow the bill ended up really high.  The cake looked pretty good, and tasted ok, but not amazing like I wanted it to be.  I guess in general, make sure you know every single possible cost before you nail down a vendor.  DressI got my dress at Toumas in Ft Wayne. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The service when I bought my dress was pretty good - the saleslady pulled my dress off the rack and I knew that it was THE ONE. I couldn't try it on, because I needed a plus size, but I didn't care because I loved it.  It was around $300 for the additional size, shipping, and a rush order, since it was march and the wedding was in October. The dress ended up coming in almost two months later than they said it would  - about a month before the wedding. When I asked about refunding the rush order fee, she said, "Well, it came in before the wedding didn't it?". I could have ordered the dress from Plussize Bridal.com for about $400 less than what I ended up paying for it. It was gorgeous, but the stress was terrible.TuxesMens Warehouse at Fallen Timbers - we had almost perfect tuxes.  One guy needed a jacket alteration, but I think that was it.  Expensive, but they had the right dark purple vests to match my bridesmaids.BridesmaidsDavids bridal - I loved the bridesmaids dress. It was a really dark purple jersey knit and it looked awesome on every girl, including my pregnant friend, and my stick thin MOH. I know Davids gets a bad rep sometimes, but we had no problems with them.  Most dresses came in in @3 weeks. AlterationsJanes perfect fit in waterville was as awesome as people on this board have said. She was quick and very nice. She ordered my crinoline for me and made my veil. The bustle looked great and she also put in some bra strap holder things so that my bra straps didn't show.  She was amazing and relaxing to work with. HoneymoonWe ended up going out to Belamere suites for a few nights. It was so relaxing! I spent half the time in the giant jacuzzi, then taking a nap, then back in the jacuzzi... I want to live there.  They were so nice! Good Luck planning Toledo Ladies! Please do not hesitate to ask anything about the vendors we used.  Enjoy your time as "The Bride". It goes by so fast!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had some great vendors. I can't wait to see some pics!
  • edited December 2011
    THANKS GOD someone else used Sihasi Sounds!!  It seems everyone on this board uses DJ's double the price...and for what????  Mark is AWESOME, he DJ'd my wedding, 2 of my friends weddings, my aunt's weddings, etc. and he's THEEEEEE BEST!!!!  Amen Sharpone!!!  
  • edited December 2011
    Haha. I know, I don't know anyone else using them, but I waited so long that there weren't that many companies left. We were quite happy with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards