Ohio-Toledo
Options

Thank you ladies!

Just wanted to write a quick thank you for all of the recommendations for vendors.  We met with Kristy from the bake shop this week and we LOVE her work!  So we booked her today for our wedding.  We met with Lynn at Pollynn last week and also loved her, but haven't heard from her since. (I was supposed to get an email by monday, its now thursday..even called her and left vm)  Not sure what's going on there, hoping nothing bad happened, but we'll probably need to find another florist.  Kristy suggested Exotic Scents in Montpelier, anyone ever heard of them?

Re: Thank you ladies!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't Kristy awesome?  I'm using her too.As far as Lynn, she said she would e-mail me (with notes about the things we had talked about) too and never got back to me.  I still ended up booking her because I liked her and wasn't really feeling looking at more florists.  She responded to my e-mail about a contract, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Lynn and she is a hard one to get to email you back. But if you call her and remind her-she is usually good at getting back then. Even though she doesnt email back quickly....its totally worth it. I know of Exotic Scents in Montpelier since I grew up near by...but Lynn tops them:)
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! So glad you loved Kristy - she's awesome!! If you do decide to look at other florists, I would recommend Sharry with Sharry's Touch. She's a retired flower shop owner that works out of her home now. Her prices are really low, she is super sweet and she does really beautiful work! 419-866-5045.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy is great, she was so happy when I told her she has such a following on The Knot! Unfortunately, my aunts weren't as crazy about her cake as I was... and they're paying for it! I tried to call Pollynn AND Sharry's Touch last week and neither of them got back to me :-( So we're going with Peper's Flowers in Grand Rapids since our wedding is out there. Prices were great, FI was very surprised and his parents nearly had a heart attack when they heard how low it was (they spent like $4000 on FSIL's flowers a year and a half ago!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI don't use DJ and Karaoke by Ronn Daniels. He is cheap; however, I believe that he lied to us during our initial interveiw with him.  He told my husband and I that he had twenty years experience but I don't think that is possible considering the crapy job that he did on our wedding ceremony and reception. During that same interveiw, he never told us he did not have that many songs and that he normally plays about reception the same ones. He does have a contract but unless you and him both sign the paper requesting what you want to happen it will not be honored! He was compareable in price to other dj services but I would gladly pay $400-500 more for a better party. He is from Toledo. For example some of the stuff he did wrong, he made MOH cry, he "hit on" photographers assisstant (Her 18, him 45), not enough money for dollar dance ($8), three people for gater toss, three people for bouquet toss, everything was cleaned up, and everyone was gone by 8'clock in the evening. Even til this moment he has not yet apologized! Please check around before you sign ANYTHING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards