Ohio-Toledo
Options

Frustrated!

Everything with planning is working out really well. However i don't have my engagement ring.  I first got it in Dec and a few months later we had it sized.  Then we took it back to get a custom band made and sent the e-ring out so they can match it up, then July 4th we got the e-ring back with the mold of the band.  They scratched the inside of my e-ring band and also messed the top up along with scratches on the side of the band.  So we sent it out again to actually make the band and again size the e-ring.  Well now after another month they are both in, but they didn't size them.  Im soo being angry right now its crazy.  We cant go til tomorrow to look at them.  What do i do? They have had my e-ring longer then i have.  And since they didn't;t size it, most likely it will have to go out again.  I'm so mad because my fiance spent a lot of time and money on making everything custom and we don't even get to enjoy it.

Re: Frustrated!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    :(  That's terrible!  Where did you get it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kays.  We have all my other things from there (earring, necklace) but never custom work done.  I just don't know what to do bcause i'm not satisfied.  And have to wait til tomorrow to see what it looks like now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew it this is my second ring from there. It's a beautiful ring just got it back last week diamonds were loose already! Long story but the good thing is I have the warranty. My first ring a stone fell out the day after it was cleaned at Kay's go fiqure,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously!  We never had problems until he did a custom ring and i needed it sized and a band made to match. I'm soo mad!
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My e-ring and custom band are also from Kays. I feel like I have been there way to many times for various things. I think last we counted we had been to the store 13+times since buying it in November. My diamond was loose, got it fixed, but when I went to pick it up the mounting was scratched. They sent that back. After picking it up it came loose a week later. They ended up ordering me a new ring and I got it in a quarter of a size smaller because I thought the original one was a little too big. When I got that one it it was fine but after a while it seemed like it was sooo small. When I went back to have it cleaned right before our e-pics I had them check the size and it was a half size smaller than what I ordered. Had to get that resized. Once I had it back a few weeks, we went in to design my custom band. They had to keep it for that part. We also ordered his band. When they called to say his band was in, drove there to pick it up and it was the completly wrong band. Had to go back again to pick up the correct band a few weeks later.  Got my wax mold back and approved it and they gave me my e-ring back. I got a call that they needed my e-ring back for the final stages of the custom process.  Thankfully, it was less than a week they had to have it and now I have it back, in the correct size. I have a wedding band that matches and my fiance has a the correct band that fits also.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I totally understand. I really like the jeweler we have been dealing with throughout this process, but I don't think the shop that does their repairs is very good.  I hope you get everything back quickly and that you love it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for all your troubles, but glad that its wasn't just us.  We went in last week and the e-ring was good, except the engraving inside was scratched out...STILL, so i'm hoping to get both back very soon because its getting to be ridiculous.
    I also love who we have been working with from the beginning and i totally agree that it has to be the shop.  The lady told us where we went that they are actually getting a new shop managers very soon, so maybe that will solve all the problems.
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    Who have you been working with? Just curious
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    At Fallen Timbers.... us to if so!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! We are very happy with her.  She was soo helpful when my fiance was in designing my ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards