Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 8/14

Do you enjoy reading?  Who are your favorite authors?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 8/14

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love to read when I'm not in school.  I just can't get into reading for pleasure if I have a lot to read for school or feel that my reading time would be more productively spent reading my textbooks.

I prefer chick-flick style books.  A few authors I really like are Emily Giffin, Nicholas Sparks, and Jodi Picoult.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love reading and I love Nicholas Sparks and S.E. Hinton
  • edited December 2011
    I love to read almost anything.  I usually go to the library's new release section and just pick out random books from there based on their title and cover (proving how important those are!).  My favorite books (books I have read multiple times) are Summer Sisters (a grown up Judy Blume novel), Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, Jane Eyre, and the Harry Potter Books.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love to read, but I don't have enough time to do it.  I hope to take a good book with me on our honeymoon and be able to just kick back, relax and read.  Although I could see myself falling asleep and taking a nap while trying to read! lol  I like to read Nicholas Sparks, Robin Cook, Michael Crichton, James Paterson, and Michael Palmer.  Patricia Cornwell isn't bad either, but I haven't read anything of her's lately.  I also enjoy reading many magazines and anything about how to better my photography.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am a huge reader.  I read a little of everything.  I can't think of any favorite authors right now.  The last really good book I read was "Columbine."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i <3 reading..my favorite book ever written is The Time Travler's Wife. I can't tell you how many times i've read it! I like all of steig Larsson's books as well and am currently reading The Girl who Played With Fire
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love to read and usually have down time at work.  I'm a dork but LOVE the Twilight Series.  I also like Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, and Nora Roberts.
  • jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I do like reading, but like most other students, it is hard to find time to read something I actually want to read!

My favorite author is David Sedaris. He's extremely frank, but the way he describes real situations makes life seem so much funnier. I'd suggest Me Talk Pretty One Day. Try reading it on an airplane. It's a fun challenge to try not to laugh out loud and make everyone around you think you're crazy.

The last book I read though was Mind Hunter by John Douglas. He was the first known criminal profiler. This book would probably be a little disturbing though to those who don't have a morbid curiosity about the mind of criminals or abnormal psychology.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love reading! Which is why I have a BA in English :-P

I like many things, but I have been reading lately Malcom Gladwell (I think that's his name..."Blink", "The Tipping Point")

& Mitch Albom is interesting, too.
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes!   my favorite author is christine feehan
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards