Ohio-Toledo

HELP! Wedding Ceremony Venues

I recently got engaged and have now started the great hunt for a wedding venue. My fiance and I don't really want to have the wedding ceremony in a church. Any ideas on places that are indoors in the Toledo area to have a ceremony?

Re: HELP! Wedding Ceremony Venues

• edited December 2011
    We  were going through the same thing.  No church and I def did not want to even chance out doors.  We ended up with Space 237, an art gallery downtown that is beautiful!  There is also the manor house at Wildwood mentropark; the Wolcott Chapel in Maumee; the Mansion View in the Old West End; the Maumee Indoor Theatre and I'm pretty sure the Toledo Art Museum does it too.  I've looked at pretty much all of these, so let me know if you have any additional questions.  I was so frustrated looking for a venue until we found Space 237!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • KristinRose85KristinRose85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I already checked out the Art Musuem they are kinda pricey and the ceremony would have to be done anytie after 6pm. So I'm not sure that I want it to be that late. I am going to check out the other places. Thank you again! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    How many guests are we thinking?

The metroparks have quite a few indoor facilities:
    http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/whattodo/index.asp?page_id=550

Also Olander Park:
    http://www.olanderpark.com/pages/hallshelterrentals.htm

Ditto pp... I've heard the old Maumee Indoor Theatre is wonderful for weddings. Wolcott House too!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Space 237. ---- It wasn't all that expensive and is beautiful. The botanical gardens are also nice but there isn't a back-up spot in case of rain. If you have your reception at a hotel, some let you get married there too.

kellyandtim1  --- Do you know where you are renting chairs from for Space 237? What about decorations -- are you doing anything special? I'm excited to see another Space bride!
  • edited December 2011

OMG Snar, I am so excited too!  We haven't started any planning outside picking the ceremony and reception site.  But I am pretty sure we are going to do our rehearsal dinner at Space 237 also.  So, we will need to rent tables and chairs for that night, in addition to chairs for the ceremony. 

I know for sure we will be using their arch (I cannot for the life of me think of the name of that thing right now!) but I haven't been able to find any rental companies for the other things that sound good to me yet.  I am meeting with my wedding planner in January - so I will get her recommendation at that meeting for you!!  I want to take my MOH there on a tour soon also.  She is extremely creative and will have some great ideas. 

Your date is a year before mine, so I will be really excited to see the pictures from yours and how you do things.  What floor are you doing yours on?  Are you getting ready there?  Were is your reception?

We'll def have to stay in touch!

Kristin - I'm so sorry, we've taken over your post!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony on the first floor and our reception at the Park Inn. I really liked the 4th (?) floor too but it seemed too narrow to fit 130 people. I think we are going to use the arch and their two trees for the altar. I also think we are going to pay the $50 bucks and have them hang the cranes. (Oh, if they didn't tell you, for 50 they will cover the ceiling in big white oragami cranes like the one on the ceiling right when you walk in the front door). Aside from that I don't think we will have any other decorations. I feel like the first floor has so much character that any big decorations would take away from it. Maybe I'll do some kind of runner or aisle marker or something. We really need to find a place that rents chairs for cheap. I wanted the white wedding chairs but they are almost 3/pp and that is way more than I am willing to spend for all those people.
    I don't think I will get ready at Space...mainly because I really REALLY don't want to go over the 3 hours and pay more money haha. We did reserve a bridal room though to wait for a bit before the ceremony.

What about you? What floor are you having your ceremony on? Are you going to get ready there?

Definitely keep in touch and share any ideas you have!
  • MandaJo8065MandaJo8065 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies! My fiance and I also are having our wedding and reception at Space 237!  I am so excited! One year from today <3
  • edited December 2011
    OMG  Yea, a third!!  Have you done any planning yet???  I'm starting to think we should do a space 237 idea get together!
  • edited December 2011
    We totally should have a Space idea get together! I'm so in!
  • MandaJo8065MandaJo8065 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea that would be great!! I feel soooo overwhelmed. We have done a little bit of planning not but not too much yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Kellyandtim1 actually suggested Space 237 to me a couple days ago and I'm throwing around that idea too. I went to their website and it's beautiful! I originally wanted Oak Openings Lodge but it's just too small  :(    (If you have a wedding 80-100 I totally suggest looking into it!!) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards