Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Band + Music

Ok.. I know everyone is tired of the DJ questions and this one is sort of similar... but...

I am looking into hiring a band and they told me that they play about 10 songs during a 4-5 hour reception because of the emcee type things that will go on... toasts, introductions, garter/bouquet toss, etc...

That doesn't sound like very much at all... it comes out to about 2 songs played per hour.  Does that sound right?  I can't really remember from other weddings, but that's an awful lot to pay for a band that will only be playing 2 songs per hour...

Any experience with this?  How many songs does a DJ play throughout the reception?

Re: Band + Music

• edited December 2011
    That doesn't seem right.. let's say at a minimum you have 2 hours of dancing and say each song last 5 minutes, you need at least 24 songs.

Our DJ played tons( sorry I don't have an exact number) more songs than that during our reception that went from 8:30ish to 12:00ish.

And keep in mind, you will want some kind of music during dinner as well..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah that is definitely not enough.  The wedding events don't take but a short minute each, except for maybe the toasts.  Still though...not long.  Not to mention I'm pretty sure you want music playing for your introductions, dances, bouquet/garter toss, etc.

I went to one recently with a band...they did not start playing until after dinner but they rocked it the whole night.  I think they probably just played a CD or something during dinner... I can't remember.
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely ask about this again... I think they may be playing a CD during dinner so that it's not too loud or over the top and then start later... but still 10 songs didn't seem like enough to me. 

Thanks for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards