Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/26

What's the wedding day attire for your FI and the GM?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/26

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

They all had black tuxes with white shirts.  DH had a whilte vest with a silver paisley print and a solid white tie.  BILs had red vests with the same paisley print and solid red ties.  My husband also preferred the long ties to the bow ties. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Black tuxes, white shirts.  FI will have white vest & tie, GM will have a plum colored vest & tie.  Best Man & Dads will have silver vest & tie.  (MOH dress is silver while BMs are plum).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Black tuxes, white shirts.  Black vest and tie for DH (I'm a sucker for the black vest!), teal vest and tie for the GM.  I was going to post a pic, but the only pics I have are in black and white.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM:  Black tuxes with purple vests that match the Bridesmaid.

My dad will be wearing the same thing, though I am tempted to change it so it he stands out.

Groom will be wearing the same tux, but he will have a silver vest.  I didn't like the white vest on white shirt look.  I thought it looked like he wasn't wearing a vest at all.  So we opted for the silver.

Pictures in my planning bio under Attire.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-726?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:7c69466e-03d5-463b-b48c-252edc7fc7d2Post:9a304dd4-5d38-4169-99cb-dfd143cf480b">Re: QOTD 7/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]GM:  Black tuxes with purple vests that match the Bridesmaid. My dad will be wearing the same thing, though I am tempted to change it so it he stands out. Groom will be wearing the same tux, but he will have a silver vest. <strong> I didn't like the white vest on white shirt look.  I thought it looked like he wasn't wearing a vest at all.  So we opted for the silver.</strong> Pictures in my planning bio under Attire.
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this.  However, DH said that he preferred the white vest/tie.  This was one of like 3 things that he voiced an opinion on, so I gladly said "ok, white it is!"
  • edited December 2011
    GM:  Brown pinstripe tuxes and ivory shirts with navy ties to match the bridesmaids.  They will be wearing suspenders instead of vests and will wear Chuck taylors in brown for shoes.

Dads:  Same tux in black with black vests and ties.

FI:  Same tux as GM with ivory tie. Suspenders and shoes to match the GM as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know yet, though FI has said no tux. He wants a regular suit instead. It will be black and have some red somehow (tie or something)
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-726?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:7c69466e-03d5-463b-b48c-252edc7fc7d2Post:444acc9d-3a9f-4470-ab60-fd538ef136d8">Re: QOTD 7/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 7/26 : I totally agree with this.  However, DH said that he preferred the white vest/tie.  This was one of like 3 things that he voiced an opinion on, so I gladly said "ok, white it is!"
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

Ahh.  See FI actually said he did not like white on white first, and I agreed with him. :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    All men will be in a chocolate brown tux or suit...have to decide on which one we are going with yet, a white shirt and brown shoes.  Then...

FI-chocolate brown vest and tie
    Groomsmen-burnt orange vest and tie
    Father's-gold vest and tie
    Ring Bearer-just an orange tie I think, not sure about the vest yet

My Matron of Honor and Bridesmaids are in burnt orange dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    my men are wearing black tuxes with Champagne (almost brushed gold) colored vests with champagne (almost brushed gold) and white striped (very small striped) ties. (Girls are wearing apple red dresses. and carrying bouquets of babys breath with champagne (almost brushed gold) ribbon

FI will have a whtie vest but with the same tie (so will ring bearer.. :D )

I may have both (dads mine and step) wear white vests with the matching ties. but its up to them.

Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the guys wore western style tuxs, complete with black cowboy hats and boots.  dh wore a silver vest, gms wore cranberry, jgm wore black(not jacket) and all had silver bolo ties.      that was what my dh wanted for the guys and since it was his only request i couldn't say no.    the bridal party looked great!
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards