Ohio-Toledo

Memories by Candlelight DJ

So I had every intention of booking Memories by Candlelight for our reception in Jan 2012. I had contacted Larry (the owner) on Feb 28 and was informed that the date we had chosen was available, he provided me a quote and that he requires a $200 deposit which we could break up into payments.

After meeting with the caterer and confirming the date with other vendors, I contacted Larry again today and told him we'd like to book with him. He was offering a good discount and I had seen him at a wedding a few years prior. We simply want music, no flare, and for the price we were happy to book him.

He informed me that he had booked some events on our date, in JANUARY and that he could no longer offer the discounted rate. I responded nicely letting him know that cost is a huge issue for us and we'd found another dj for a better price and we'd be going with them.

His response was a counter offer to give us a $200 lighting package for free if we booked with him at the higher cost.

My response :
We're just looking for music for the evening. We don't want or need all the extras.

I appreciate your offer, but will have to decline. Good luck with those you have booked.

His response 
Sorry , I give full service. Not just music. Anyone can buy just music. Nobody can buy experience and knowledge.

How a great wedding day, I know our parties that day will be awesome.

Larry DeVaughn
Owner
Memories by Candlelight Wedding Djs

Now in my opinion this as extremely unprofessional and rude. First of all you raised your price in 4 weeks for an event in 10 months. When I decline due to the fact that you're offering me something I don't want, you are rude.

I would not hire this man if he were chargint $10!! I would not recommend him to a soul.

Customer service is KEY to me and he just lost all my respect!

Beware future brides!!!

Re: Memories by Candlelight DJ

• jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is very unprofessional. He sounds bitter that you didn't choose him, but that's his fault for being shady and refusing to work with you package-wise.

Your day will be better without him, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing your experience, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I haven't heard great things about that company.  And that was just extremely rude and childish.  Way to be an adult, buddy.

Not sure what your budget is, but I had a good experience with Professional Sounds.  Doug, the owner, was never rude, and was always very polite.  My brother used Professional Sounds for his wedding also, and he had a great experience with them.

We requested just music originally, but since we got married in the 'off-season' he threw in $200 worth of lighting for a November discount.  I didn't think the lighting was cheesy either.  I was a little worried about that, too. But since it was free, I took it. It was nice though.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendation! We are currently working with Class Act, which I've gotten a good impression from so far. They are a little more pricy but we have been to several weddings that used them and have always been impressed.

I was a little surprised that our date in January was booked up with Memories, makes me think even more that they're shady!

Thanks for your feedback ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards