Ohio-Toledo

Gifts for parents

I have already purchased my gifts for my attendants, now it is time to think of what to get for my parents.  I am not sure what to get them other than picture frames/photo albums.  Anyone here doing anything creative for a gift for their parents on their wedding day?  Any ideas??

Re: Gifts for parents

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my mom and FI's mom we're getting them each a Dolce & Amore bracelet with a charm. (Similar to Pandora...but Pandora's made in China and D&A is made in Italy.)  They have them at Harold Jaffe's and are only like $45.00 each, which isnt too bad.  Plus it makes it easy to buy presents in the future...can always add on to the charms!

My dad's are passsed away...but for FI's dad we're are probably getting him some kind of nice bottle of liquor and maybe a new watch.  Still unsure on his stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011

FI and I were plannong on getting our parents a gift certificate to something like Belamaire Suites or a Bed and Breakfast or something.  So they can get away for a relaxing night!

• edited December 2011
    Similar suggestion to that of mseaman...

In addition to a handblown glass pumpkin (our wedding was in the fall), we got each set of parents a gift certificate for a night at the Mansion View Inn, a bed & breakfast in the Old West End, near the art museum - http://www.mansionviewtoledo.com/.  Belamere Suites is also very nice - my husband and I have stayed there before - http://www.belameresuites.com/index.html.  Also, the website http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ offers gift cards that can be used at over 4,000 B&Bs and inns in the U.S. and Canda, if you want something with more flexibility.  They have a listing of the places that honor the gift cards on their website.

If you don't give your parents a photo album as a wedding thank you gift, you could always wait for an occasion like Christmas.  He were married in November 2008, and got the rights to all our pictures in November 2009, so we made photo books using iPhoto and gave them to our parents and grandparents for Christmas in 2009.

• edited December 2011
    I can't say my mom's because she lurkers on here and I don't want to ruin the surprise.  (Hi mom Innocent)

I haven't put much thought into the dad's, but for my FMIL I'm getting a glass with a poem etched on it. I would like to get her something else, because I originally had this poem in a frame and was going to give it to her for her birthday, but I had problems getting the pictures I wanted to add so I showed her it, but never gave her it...so I don't want to look like I'm double gifting. I'm going to let FI pick something else for her.
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we waited until after we got our pictures back and made photo albums for them. 
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards