Ohio-Toledo
Options

Mini Moon near Ohio

Our wedding is July 28th! We are looking for a mini moon like 2-3 days within driving distance. Maybe beachy, romantic. Not too expensive. Any suggestions???

Re: Mini Moon near Ohio

• Options
    What do you guys like to do?  Ann Arbor has always been a fun place for us (lots of things to do and places to eat!), if you're thinking beachy maybe Maumee Bay State Park...? I seem to remember a nice lodge and beach area there? Maybe Put in Bay?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    The west side of Michigan is beautiful and has some nice beaches.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would also say Maumee Bay or Put in Bay. I also came across a link from about.com that lists a lot of beaches in the Cleveland area. A few of them are state parks with beaches.

http://cleveland.about.com/od/clevelandareaparks/tp/beaches.htm

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I'd suggest Put In Bay or Cleveland (because I'm familiar with both places).  If you chose Cleveland, I think Squire's castle is so romantic for a picnic.  There are a lot of things to do such as the CMA or Cleveland Zoo or the metroparks... lots of bars and restaurants too.  Put In Bay is a favorite of FI and mine and it's one of those places that you just feel like you are on vacation when you are there:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Northern Michigan on lake superior is beautiful, moderate in temperature and you can probably stay relatively cheap. There's always makinaw island or that area as well. You could go to Kelly's island if you want a more laid back atmosphere than putnbay or you could stay at maumee bay too. Lr you could go the opposite direction towards kentucky and do the bourbon trail free and you can send in for a free shirt at the end, or lake Cumberland. it depends on what you're looking for. Our idea of a honeymoon involved a 50 lbs backpack and hiking ten miles a day. Edit: just noticed the wedding date! I hope you had a beautiful day for your wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards