Ohio-Toledo

Vendor Reviews -- October 14th, 2011

Soooooo, we had a pretty small budget. It was about $10,000 for around 180 people. I think we spent about $9,400 total. We had a Friday evening wedding, heavy hors d'oeuvres, and an (limited....no top shelpf, but no one cared at all) open bar. It turned out GREAT!!! I couldn't have asked for more.

Venue-- The Ramada Inn. We worked with Jenn and she was AMAZING! We talked to her about how we wanted the room to look and we literally just dropped everything off to her. They took care of the rest. She had the room completed by 10am that Friday, so that if there were any changes that I wanted, they could complete them on time. The ballroom gave a very romantic and intimate feel. We had low lighting and lots of flower petals.

Food- The Ramada again. I was really pleased with their food. I didn't eat much b/c I was so busy but what I did have was tasty. They also did a really fantastic job with our candy bar.

Officiant- David LaPlante. WONDERFUL!!!!! We are very laidback and non traditional. He made our ceremony very personal to us and our sons.

Dress- David's Bridal. I loved my dress, HOWEVER we had SUCH an issue with the bridesmaids dresses. I had bridesmaids on literally every coast, so David's Bridal seemed like the logical choice because they're everywhere. WRONG. They were having my bridesmaids try on the wrong dresses, they were telling them their dresses were discontinued. It was a complete mess. So not a fan.

Rings- J Foster Jewelers. Caught an awesome sale and got exactly what I wanted. Lifetime warranty was even cheaper. The salespeople were very friendly.

Cupcakes/Cake- 7 Little Cupcakes. We had a cupcake tower with a small cake on top. It was so delicious. People are still asking us who made them. She is way more affordable than any other in town and her customer service was perfect. I plan to use her again soon. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Photographer- A Love for Memories LLC. She was awesome. She was able to catch some really intimate moments. I love my wedding photos. I'm so happy we chose her. Very affordable as well. Very quick turnaround.

Makeup- Makeup by Iris. I had a bridal party of 8 plus my Mom. She worked her magic. She actually met us at the hotel and gave us goodie bags to refresh our makeup throughout the night. I LOVED my makeup and so did my bridesmaids.

DJ- DJ Doc Watson....Ehh. He was just ok *shoulder shrug*

Shoes- Christian Louboutin :) Early present from my sister. Let me tell you....not exactly the most comfortable shoes, but they were exactly what I wanted.

PS...Dollar Tree has bags of white rose petals for $1. We mixed them with the ones we got from Michael's...couldn't tell the difference.

Here's a few pics....
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.927240655432.2317763.30107255&type=3

Re: Vendor Reviews -- October 14th, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that you stayed under budget and still had a great day!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect, Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • mzro12mzro12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!!
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day! Congrats!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    u  did good !! congrats !! i set my budget for 10k also,  im hoping i can stay under budget (u give me hope lol) im also going to be using a love for memories photography..i reserved wildwood park for my venue but thinkin about changing it since me and fi are pushing the wedding back a couple months....we're saving for the honeymoon and want to make sure all our ducks are in a row...so again congrats and best wishes !!
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • panthrz06panthrz06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on staying under budget! Where can I find information on your make up artist?

• mzro12mzro12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone! It was a great day indeed. It tooka lot of creativity to stay under budget, but it was worth it.

panthrz06 I can send you a message. No problem.
  • edited January 2012
    Ditto on panthrz06 request, where can I find out info? :-) Glad your day went well, sounds fabulous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • your facebook page is blocked!!! i couldnt see the pics :( my uncle his head of something at the Ramada so we are going to meet with him, this is the first place i've looked at and am totally sold. Did you feel like you could have used more lighting? As far as pricing per person was it not so bad? my budget is $10000. That's with me buying and making my own decorations. Did you get a deal on the rooms? him and his family are from Cleveland, and we are looking for a place to do the ceremony, reception, and have over night accomodations.
  • i'm wondering what the average price per person was just for the reception at the ramada?? i'm looking for a venue and i'm stuck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards