Ohio-Toledo

Alterations for lace

Hello ladies! I ordered my dress today (yay!) and I will need some alterations on the dress. It will need to be hemmed and brought in a little. The biggest part of the alterations is the lace. The lace starts at about halfway up my back and goes all the way up to my neck, with buttons all the way up. I ordered the dress in the smallest size that I could (only came in women's sizes) but the lace is still extremely loose on me. I bought the dress at David's Bridal, but I hate to pay for alterations there, even though they made the dress. I'm kind of freaking out a little thinking about anyone altering the lace, because I don't want it to be messed up. Has anyone had to have a lace dress like this altered? I see a lot of good recommendations for Pam Thomas on here, do you think she would do a good job with this? Or is there anyone else you would recommend? TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations for lace

• edited December 2011

My dress was entirely covered with lace, also from David's Bridal, and Pam Thomas did a fantastic job with it!  I'd highly recommend going to her for something like this.

• edited December 2011
    I have not used Pam Thomas but heard amazing things about her. My MOH used her for her wedding and her dress was perfect. I would agree that you should avoid DB for alterations though--- they are extremely expensive! Also, I have used Perfect Fit alterations on Heatherdowns/Reynolds for multiple bridesmaid dresses (including one that was a disaster) and they all came out beautifully.
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like we may have the exact same wedding dress. I need some alterations done to the lace part as well so it lays flat and I havne't yet met with her, but I plan on going to Pam Thomas. I am just waiting for my undergarmets to come in. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well I guess I'll definitely have to get ahold of her when the time comes, thanks!

And medatc- how funny that we probably have the same one! I guess that's to be expected when shopping at David's Bridal. It's such a beautiful dress, isn't it? :) Let me know how your alterations turn out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    this is my dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Cap-Sleeved-Satin-Side-Draped-A-Line-Gown-9T3090_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes
    same one?
    Are you wearing crinoline underneath it?
    I'll let you know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, that's it :) and yes, I did buy the slip that I tried on with it. I believe it's an A-line slip, and it's got some layers of crinoline, but nothing majorly poofy. What about you?

I love this dress so much! Makes me smile everytime I look at pictures..haha! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    I tried on a slip with it when I originally tried it on, and didn't have one when I picked up my actual dress and tried it on. I asked to try one and I think it looks better with a slip, but I haven't bought one yet. I'm still trying to find a used one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards