Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

does anyone have any experience with these?

Im having trouble finding a dj I like and can afford. I recently contacted dj connections, complete music and David Webb with le force.  Connections and complete music are bigger companies that match you up with a dj, im not sure how the rest of the process works with them yet. Has anyone used any of them or have have any good or bad experiences to share? I would really like a dj who knows how to play lots of spanish music. TIA

Re: does anyone have any experience with these?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Glenn Roush who owns Le Force.  I loved him.  I would vouch for anything that he is involved with.
  • edited December 2011

Anyone on here that has dealt with Melody and Memories love them.

• dmf1670dmf1670 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend looking up Figment Productions!
  • edited December 2011
    Neither of those were available on my date:( Im rushing to find someone soon..im running out of time
  • edited December 2011
    I don't recall anyone on the board that's used David with LeForce, but others are using Jeff and Cratin and like them.

This thread has a couple other suggestions. Have you tried Jabel? For the entire thread: click here.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I looked into Jabel but they only had the most expensive package available for my night..which was out of my budget.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some Knottie reviews I found:

Lovepants:  DJ Connections: A+He kept everything running smoothly.  He played everything we asked for. He was funny and not annoying.  I couldn't have been happier!

Mseale
    DJ – DJ Connections – A- They did a great job working with us on what type of reception we wanted, what songs, how much control the DJ could have, etc prior to the reception.   During the reception, Luke did a great job of producing the energy level that we wanted.  Everyone was dancing and having a great time.  The only issue I have is he did not follow the schedule that we had set prior.  HE waited way too long to announce the cake cutting (like 30 minutes late).  And the only reason it was done then was b/c the caterer came us and asked us if we were ready.  My aunt told me she had already asked him if he would announce it, and he said he would take care of it.  I’m not sure what was going on, or why he was waiting.  But the cake was cut, the party continued, and he was a great MC after that! 
    cassandraann24:DJ-Complete Music-Alvin- B-  Professional, nice. He CUT THE FIRST DANCE SONG SHORT-It was a special surprise song I chose for my husband (Led Zeppelin), and he ended it after approx less than a minute-That really pissed me off because that is the one moment I was lookig forward to.  
    courtski (I think):
    COMPLETE MUSIC (DJ): We used Jason Eller--he was so wonderful, and he made sure to take every bit of what we wanted into consideration. I told him that the #1 goal of the reception was for us to PARTY, and he delivered. My only regret is that there were a few too many slow songs early and people started to leave--which is when I asked Candace to speed things up and get people moving. She told Jason, and BOOM! We were off. He paid great attention to our 'must-have' and 'do not play' lists, and even came to me for permission to play 'Teach Me How to Dougie" since I had requested no rap (my mom is on the conservative side, but if you were there you wouldn't have thought so). I hardly had enough time to come off the dance floor to greet the lovely knotties who came by after Deepthi's wedding!!! A+
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melodies and Memories is GREAT! I have seen both Melody and James in action and both are good... I havent seen Lori, but a friend has and said she is good too!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jeff with LeForce but anyone Glenn would match you with I would trust.

JaBel, Figment and M&M are also highly recommended here.
  • edited December 2011
    I used DJ Connections and while the DJ who showed up (not the one I was suppose to have there that day) was good. Dealing with the staff was terrible. I was very frustrated and annoyed with them fully. I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone. It's not worth the money and hassle.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:190d2cc9-245f-4dec-b851-f9b8774a69e6Post:ce15128e-df02-4e90-b6bb-1f4e989d2d76">Re: does anyone have any experience with these?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I looked into Jabel but they only had the most expensive package available for my night..which was out of my budget.
    Posted by sdt24[/QUOTE]
     :( I used Jabel and LOVED them.

I didn't have to worry about anything with them. They really went above and beyond what we even asked them to do :) Ask him if he is willing to work with your budget.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! you're always so helpful:)
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I used DJ Connections and while the DJ who showed up (not the one I was suppose to have there that day) was good. Dealing with the staff was terrible. I was very frustrated and annoyed with them fully. I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone. It's not worth the money and hassle.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah Im a little worried because it seems so impersonal...Im not sure how easy it is to meet with the dj the set you up with.</div>
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that Stephie posted my review, I was going to hunt for it! I used Complete Music because they were our preferred DJ when I worked for a Marriott in Kansas, they were always so prompt and easy to work with for events. Picking a DJ with them is pretty easy, just think of what you want in a DJ--they have a site where you can read all the bio's for the DJ's they have on staff (I posted it below) to see if there are any that grab your attention. You can schedule meetings with as many as you want until you decide who you click with the most. The main owner, Rick, is very prompt in returning calls and emails to have the initial meeting with you to discuss pricing and the conrtract. He knows his DJ's better than anyone, so he can help suggest someone that is available on your date. We paid $795 for 5 hours of reception time--they do not include set-up and tear-down in their fee. HTH!

http://www.mydallasdj.com/dj-services/dj-staff/
  • edited December 2011
    Loved Melody with Melodies & Memories. Reasonable prices (mention you are a Knottie!) and she WILL play what you want. Best vendor we hired.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Complete Music and I told them I didn't need all the fancy stuff like our names and things. Right now I think they are doing a special for 595 for four hours which is all we need bc our reception is only going to be 4 hours long. But it comes with you know the regular party lights. Everytime I email Rick I get prompt responses...he even called me once. Also you can make a profile on there and say how you want your reception to go, like if you want certain things announced like your wedding party. Our wedding is a year away so we haven't picked a dj yet but we saw a few that we were interested in. There is a bridal show in dallas from 10am-5pm and they will be there as well as other djs, you should totally go and check them out. I have heard nothing but good things about them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards