Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/29

What kind of food did/will you have at your reception?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/29

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had stuffed chicken breasts, breaded pork chops, steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes with gravy, dinner rolls, tossed salad, and cake.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

We are having mini thanksgiving!! :)...turkey, ham, and kielbasa (it's a must as we are both Polish lol), mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green bean casserole and rolls.  We still need to figure out food for cocktail hour and we are having cake of course! lol

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-729?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:a534c35c-4e3d-4ab1-969a-2fd267754bf7Post:027a5ecd-abd0-46b7-aec5-0fecf668934c">Re: QOTD 7/29</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having mini thanksgiving!! :)...turkey, ham, and<strong> kielbasa (it's a must as we are both Polish lol),</strong> mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green bean casserole and rolls.  We still need to figure out food for cocktail hour and we are having cake of course! lol
    Posted by jenzibaba[/QUOTE]

ditto on the kielbasa.  Stanley's kielbasa is the only kielbasa I'll eat. I was so excited when my caterer told me she got the keilbasa from Stanley's, I was like "Where do I sign?"  Haha.

We're having a salad, keilbasa, rotisserie chicken, garlic smashed potatoes, and some other side which I haven't decided yet. Plus wedding cake for dessert with chocolate, white, and raspberry flavors.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG, these Knot glitches are crazy.  Jenzibaba (i think that who is from Central PA) is coming up at Crfische (Fishy) that posts on Etiquette.  WTF.

We don't have dinner choices nailed down.  Looks like we are doing plated dinner with a choice of eggplant parmesan or chickne cordon bleu.  There will be a served salad, and no clue what sides we will pick. 

We just got our cake baker signed last night! Woo hoo! We are having champagne, chocolate and banana cake to choose from, along with key lime, raspberry, chocolate chip or plain cheescake.  So friggin excited we got that nailed down! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're having Mexican food. Tacos, fajitas, rice, beans, chips and salsa...Perhaps a few other things as well, but we've yet to figure out exactly what. Also having cake :-)
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-729?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:a534c35c-4e3d-4ab1-969a-2fd267754bf7Post:704eb268-1da7-42f9-82c7-e2fd6bbd6123">Re: QOTD 7/29</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, these Knot glitches are crazy.  Jenzibaba (i think that who is from Central PA) is coming up at Crfische (Fishy) that posts on Etiquette.  WTF.
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

Haha.  So I quoted jenzibaba's post, and it posted it on the etiquette board under "I Judge" lol  I quickly deleted it and reposted here, but definitely something glitched with Jenzibaba.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We started with a spring mix salad w/ raspberry vinaigrette, along with assorted rolls.  The buffet had Jamaican Jerk Pork Loin,  Turkey Divan, Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Green beans w/ yellow carrots and red peppers.  And then cake, of course. 
    The food was seriously awesome and people raved about it! :):)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...how nice that I'm not really me now! lol  How weird! haha  Anywho...all these meals sound super good!! :)  I wanted to do a full fledge polish food themed wedding, but I didn't want to deal with all of the after affects if you know what I mean...too much kielbasa and cabbage would make for a really bad wedding night! Haha!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having cheeseburgers because the ones at the country club where I am having reception are amazing.  Plus I am not a fancy food kind of girl at all, I will always order a sandwich in a restaurant if it is a choice.  For those that look down on cheeseburgers at a wedding we will have a lemon garlic chicken option.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Parmeasan Chicken or Beef Storgnaoff with garlic red skin mashed potatoes, green beans almandine, rolls, and tossed salad. Cake is chocolate with white chocolate chips, vanilla with white chocolate chips, and strawberry. There's also the candy bar.
  • Sugarsweets04Sugarsweets04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the hors d' oeuvres we will be having cheese fondue, vegetable crudite' and sausage stuffed mushrooms. Then we move onto a mixed green salad with a few different dressings to choose from and baby asiago tortellini salad. For the entrees and sides we have london broil, chicken piccata, green beans almandine and augratin potatoes (with extra cheese!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards