Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 8/11

In regards to choosing your e-ring, how much guidance did you give your FI/DH?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 8/11

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a couple of Jewelry stores in the mall together and I tried some things on.  I figured out what cut I liked the most and just some styles that I kind of liked.  We didn't buy anything that day and DH went back a few days later and chose one.  He did good!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    None!  We never talked about or looked at rings.  He did awesome for not having any idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked mine out as he wanted me too, but I didn't know exactly when he was going to propose.  That he surprised me with.  He loves the ring I picked though.  He said he wanted me to be happy with it.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He had a general idea of what I liked and didn't like in diamonds/jewelry, and he knew that I really liked the older diamond cuts.  So, although we never directly discussed engagement rings, he had some insight.   He went for sweet and simple and it is perfect. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I picked mine out and was there when he ordered it. 

The ring he got me ended up not working out too well, and we exchanged it a few months later for a different one.  I picked the new one out as well.

I love my ring, obviously.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had randomly mentioned at one point that I don't like white gold.  And how I really liked princess cut diamonds.  And I kept telling him about how I loved my mom's ring that was a solitaire with an enhancer.

Guess what I got?  Yellow gold, princess cut solitaire.  And the wedding band will be the enhancer.  I never really flat out told him. He just listened to me for queues.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I showed my FI some pictures online of what I liked.  He took my sister who was well informed of what I kind of wanted and who knew what I would like with him to buy it.  Thank goodness for her because he took his mom too and she said his mom was picking out some ugly stuff!!!  God bless the FMIL!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    he had me pick out a few different rings that i liked then he surprised me with one of them, the one he liked the most :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he only asked what size ring i wore and that was it.   i didn't even know it was coming until he proposed.   he did a good job at picking out my e-ring.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards