Ohio-Toledo
Options

Vendor Reviews

My daughter was married in December 2009, so these vendor reviews are from a mom's perspective.

TAMARON COUNTRY CLUB - A++ .... I was in a panic when the news about Tamaron's financial woes was made public late last summer.  As it turned out, everything turned out beautifully. 

The ceremony was scheduled at 5 p.m., so the girls were able to dress at Tamaron.  When we asked if the heat could be turned up in the dressing area, they did so but also brought us a tray of piping hot coffee.  The wedding was held on the one day in December with 50 mph winds, so outside photos were not an option.  The bride and groom had agreed to see each other before the ceremony and we were able to use the hall area, even though I am sure we were in the way. 

The food was wonderful, and everyone was asked if they would like seconds.  Plates of appetizers were ready and waiting for the bridal party when they arrived.  The bartenders were great - able to make whatever our guests requested.  They also kept an eye on those who were drinking a bit too much and lightened up their drinks.  Very professional.

We were able to set up and decorate a couple days early since no other events were booked.  We set up one table with centerpieces, menus, etc. and the Tamaron staff duplicated the set up at the rest of the  tables.  We used a TON of candles in the fireplace, on the bar, on all the tables.  Everything was lit and ready to go and looked absolutely beautiful.

Vicky responded promptly to all of my e-mails.  It was a very efficient way to plan all of the details.

POLLYN FLOWERS - A+ ... as stated previously on this board, Lynn is east to work with and has a ton of ideas.  The bouquets were delivered on time and looked exactly as we had pictured.  Her quote was very reasonable.  Lynn can be a bit difficult to reach, but she is amazingly good with details and design.  Be patient, call twice and she will not disappoint.

WIXEY'S BAKERY - included in the Tamaron package.  While we were unaware at the time, the cake was not delivered until after 4 p.m. - for a 6 p.m. reception.  The staff at Tamaron had to call several times throughout the afternoon but kept this tidbit of information from us.  Of course it was delicious as all Wixey cakes are known to be.  Their designs are bit dated, but that worked fine for us.

ULTIMATE NIGHTS - A++++ .... ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.  Our DJ was Brian.  Cannot say enough nice things about him.  He was very attentive - brought drinks to the bridal party all through the evening.  He pronounced all names correctly, was dressed very professionally/elegantly, was fun without being over the top silly/obnoxious, played our playlist and nothing we had told him we did not want played, everything was set up on time.  All in all, a perfect experience, worth every penny and I would not hesitate recommending.

JONES FOR MEN TUXEDOS - A - located in Monroe, Michigan.  Easy to work with, a great selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards