Ohio-Toledo

Trying to livin' it up alittle!

Trying to livin' up this baord a little!!

How many ppl are you gonna have in your wedding party?

I had 6 and looking back - i think it was the perfect number. :)
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trying to livin' it up alittle!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I am SO flipping bored at work and need something to entertain me.

I'm having 7 BM's (but one of them is actually our officiant too), 1 JR BM and 2 FG
    FI is having 5 GM's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are having 4 GMs  & 4 BMs. We aren't sure about flower girls or ring bearers yet.

I actually just finished asking my girls yesterday - I'll have to take pics and show the cards I'm sending them all now.. they're pretty cute :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 3 BM and 3 GM.  We skipped the FG/RB.  I think that we had the perfect amount.  We had those that are closest to us and it seemed like an appropriate number compared to our guest list of 90ish people.  I always kind of side eye the bride and groom that choose 8 attendants for each side and have 100 people at the wedding.  It seems like the half the guests are sitting at the head table.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We have 7 BM, 7 GM, 1 Jr BM, 1 FG, and 2 RB.

I was not budging on my 7 BM, and FI really wanted even sides, so that is how we ended up with a large wedding party.  The 1 Jr BM, 1 FG, and 2 RBs are our nieces and nephews. 

We are expecting to have between 200 and 225 people, so hopefully the large wedding party doesn't look silly.  If it does, oh well :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_trying-livin-up-alittle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:d3bc9529-f28c-4f85-a997-af1f8c16eb10Post:5a2999ab-23bf-4627-8cd5-af5c9905fcf6">Re: Trying to livin' it up alittle!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We  We are expecting to have between 200 and 225 people, so hopefully the large wedding party doesn't look silly.  If it does, oh well :)
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  We have a crazy amount, but it had to be that way, I hurt many friends feelings by not asking as it is.  But also, we're not doing a head table, we are just doing a sweethearts table.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    6!  It was perfect for us.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 BM, 2 GM, and 1 RB. And about 135 guests.

There really wasn't anyone else I would have asked.  My best friend and DH's sister.  His best friend and my brother. My nephew was the RB.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6 BM, 6 GM, 1 Jr. GM, 2 FG, 1 RB

Just right for us.  It's a fairly large party, but we also had almost 300 guests, so it wasn't too strange, heh. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 groomsmen, 5 bridesmaids. No FGs or RBs. I wish I knew a little girl because I kind of want a flower girl :(  Oh well. All my cousins had to go and have sons.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one of each: 1 MOH, 1 bridesmaid, 1 jr. bridesmaid, and 1 FG.
    Then we had 1 best man, 1 GM, 1 jr. GM, and 1 RB.

With only 100 guests that showed...it ended up being a perfect amount!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're having 3 BMs, 3 GMs, 2 Flower Girls, and 1 Ring Bearer.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are having 7 BM and 6 GM... no flower girls or ring bearers, since we are not having children at our wedding. Our bridal party is pretty big but it was really important to me to have all 7 girls be part of this with me. They're all pretty amazing :) We will end up with 225-250 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    We had 8 BM (we each have three sisters and choice but to include all of them) and 4 GM.  We also had my adorable niece and nephew as FG and RB.  I didn't want a big wedding or big wedding party, but lots of sisters makes a difference.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • abigirl9abigirl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having 6 BM and 6 GM, (almost half of that is immediate family) and 2 FGs (one is FI's daughter and the other is my goddaughter) we havent decided if we're having a RB yet, all of my cousins and friends have recently had little boys, but they would all be too small I'm afraid. Most of them would only be 12-18 mos. FI's nephew will only be a year old at our wedding, but we might dress him up and have his dad(who's in the wedding party) carry him, or have his mom walk him down the aisle.  
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_trying-livin-up-alittle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:d3bc9529-f28c-4f85-a997-af1f8c16eb10Post:f90012a7-c764-4cf5-8706-2ea3e7406cd9">Re: Trying to livin' it up alittle!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trying to livin' it up alittle! : I feel the same way.  We have a crazy amount, but it had to be that way, I hurt many friends feelings by not asking as it is.  But also, we're not doing a head table, we are just doing a sweethearts table.
    Posted by kellyandtim1[/QUOTE]

<div>No head table for us as well. :) </div>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards