Ohio-Toledo
Options

Engaged on Christmas and Wedding in August!

Hi!

I just got engaged on Christmas Day and we have decided to have our wedding on Aug 14, 2010. Now, I am not into details, so this is all new for me! I already feel overwhelmed! I have no idea where to start!  I am looking for reception halls, and I have no idea where to begin! Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for me, cause I could really use some!

Thanks so much!

Re: Engaged on Christmas and Wedding in August!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Aw Congratulations!  What type of place are you looking for?  In a certain area?  There's so many country clubs, hotels and just neat places in Toledo! 

Also, there is a bridal show January 9th and 10th at the Stranahan.  I highly suggest you attend that.  You will get so many good ideas from it!  Make up some labels for yourself for that day - that have both of your names, address, wedding date and email.  You can use them to enter to win tons of prizes!  Otherwise you will be filling out a ton of forms that day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    mimidukemimiduke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not looking for a certain area, I am just looking for a nice hall thats available for that date. I know that it is last minute, so that is where I am running into problems at.

I am going to the Bridal Show, but I never knew about the label thing! I will be sure to make some up this weekend, thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check into the UAW hall in Perrysburg by Bass Pro.  It is very nice, beautiful view and you can do your own catering.  Not a lot of people know about it yet, so that could still be open!  I'm not positive of the # for it, maybe drive past it and you can get the info?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how that goes too!
  • Options
    mimidukemimiduke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will! Thanks! I am actually about to call right now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do the lables -- or use return mailing address labels... It saves so much time!! Enjoy the bridal shows! They gave me the jump start I needed to start planning -- without being so overwhelmed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the bridal show at the Hilton Garden Inn in Levis Commons a couple weeks ago and they had some August dates open...there were other "halls" there but they didn't have a calendar up like the Hilton Garden Inn did. 
  • Options
    dinky077dinky077 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey J!  I think this is you! I was lurking on here for a friend of mine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mimidukemimiduke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, its me! It took me a minute to figure out who youo were!
  • Options
    mimidukemimiduke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Really! Thank you so much! I will check into that in the morning!
  • Options
    dinky077dinky077 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was hoping you would see the baby ticker!  lol I am glad I saw you at work so you didn't think it was some weirdo! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need any help, just ask April, the owner of Your Perfect Day (wedding planning), is wonderful to work with.  She is helping me with my wedding this year and she has helped 2 of my girlfriends.  She just built a new studio & has great ideas.  Email her at yourperfectday1@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards