April 2012 Weddings

April 28th brides!

Hey Ladies!

500 days left until our wedding day!!! YAY! Where are you with your planning? Any big challenges yet? Any exciting details worked out that you want to share!??

April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: April 28th brides!

• I can't believe we are 500 days away that mean that we are 135 days away from the year mark!!!

I think I have gotten a few things done. I am taking a little break since all the major things are booked and I have already spoken with my Photographer to set the day for our engagement pics!!!

I am taking a break till the new year.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • You and I are pretty much on the same page!! 

I have decided that I wanted a Victorian Lilac with a little touch of darker purple (but very light) and Silver. I love the way the colors look together. I think it looks so classic and elegant. How about you??

We are also taking our engagement pictures this up coming spring too. I am super excited.  We are doing the whole Vintage look for our pictures!!!

image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
  • Ah! That sounds so beautiful!! I was originally going to go with a purple but I changed my mind! Now I think (this may change 1000 more times) I'm going to go with a colbalt or a navy blue for the girls dresses and various shades of pink accents (with a focus on a raspberry pink) in the bouquets/flowers/decorations/ect and cream! I have always loved pink so i really want to make sure that is a color in my wedding. It's just trying to figure out what I like as a primary color! I think navy is such a classy color! I think I will really pick the color once I pick the girls' dresses!

Ah! The vintage engagement pictures will be lovely! You should post pictures once you get them done!
    April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know i have seen the Blue and pink together and I have to say I love it. I think those are great colors together. I picked purple because its also my fav. color. I am sure the the navy blue you have in mind with with a hint of pink would like awesome!!!

I will place the picture once I have them!! I hope you do the same
    image 157 Invited
  • Aw thanks! A few people told me Navy is too dark for the spring, but I am not following the "traditional" rules. I will definitely post pictures! It's nice to meet another bride who is getting married on April 28th! Good luck planning:)
  • I am also using darker blue. Somewhere between a royal and a navy with fushica accents. we chose it to match my blue sapphire engagement ring. 
    we have church, venue, photographer, dj and dress done. I'm out of the province 6 months before the wedding, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible while I'm in the same city! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It sounds like we are using similar colors! I think it will be beautiful! I love the blue and pink together! Enjoy the planning now!! It sounds like you have the big stuff checked off of your list!!
  • hi fellow 4/28/12 brides!! i was also considering navy to accent my lavender and lime color scheme... my church's carpet is so i needed a more "neutral" color option for bridesmaid dresses, but i am going with gray instead. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker *LittleLula*
  • when i went to meet with the minister for the first time, he was asking about ceremony music etc. does anyone have any music or ceremony plans done yet? I am lost!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow i must be really behind :( Ive talked to the church and the reception hall but didnt actually sign the papers yet. I have my colors which are brown and champagne. I keep feeling like I have time but then its like no wait , the clock is ticking and I need to book! I have so many ideas/things written down but nothing is offical yet.
  • Hey Gals!  I'm also a 4/28/12 bride!  Plans are moving along nicely.  Dress is ordered, ceremony & reception venues are booked, photographer/videographer is booked & engagement pics are completed.  We figured that since it's a Spring wedding we would do Fall engagement pics so theres a difference.  Colors are set to be ivory, grey (dark) and pinks (everything from light to dark/bright fuscia).  Once the New Year is over I'll get back to planning.  Need to find a DJ, florist & baker still.  Hope everyones plans are going well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards